1997 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews 3

1997 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
buy it
By saidpour on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Ext Minivan

This is a good family car as well as load capacity. reliability is great since purchased a year and a half ago 23000 miles done and no problem just oil changed.

my first van
By NotSatisfied on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

My family is very disappointed by this van. We have many problems right after the standard warranty expired. starter stoped working, fuel level indicator failed, etc. MPG grandually deterioted to less than 18 even on highway. Recently the engine became to have problems too. We are ready for a trade- in anytime.

Ventured Trany
By GWERBI on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

My Transmission is going, going, gone. GM once made one of the best transmissions going. But now thats a thing of the past.

A great van
By gough_1200 on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

Great vehicle to drive, performs very well. I have owned and driven two other models of vans, this one takes the cake. Doesn't seem like your driving a "van". Comfortable and reliable. No mechanical problems. Did have to replace brake shoes twice.

My van
By jsray on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Minivan

It has been a very good car, up until this past year minor things are starting to go wrong with it.

1997 Chevy Venture
By pod43 on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

I love this van. Very roomy.

Great Value
By Iver on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

Great space and the split folding seats make it flexiable for family stuff. Hauling people and the folding table and chairs. Popular SUVs are less spacious (unless huge) and more expensive then (1997) & now.

BrewChevVen97
By jbrewer on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

Have had no problems with this vehicle. Now have over 80K miles and it handles as well now as it did when purchased. For a large car the gas mileage is excellant and the ride is smooth and comfortable.

1997 Venture
By Abraham on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

Numerous electrical problems. Power door faild constantly. Rear window wiper stopped working one month after purchase and the dealer never could find the cause. Many squeaks and rattles.

First American Auto Experience
By sgrobbo on 03/15/02 16:56 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Venture LS 3dr Ext Minivan

With a new family, we felt it important to get a minivan. Got a great deal on a Venture. My wife and I have never owned an American vehicle, and frankly are not used to the # of times we've had to take it in for non-scheduled service. So far, we've had 3 recalled parts, a faulty fuel gauge, and several build-quality issues with accecories (window latches, lighter outlet, etc.) Though it drives nicely, I'm growing weary of seeing the service dept (though they have been wonderful). If problems continue, a trade-in for a Siena or Honda is imminent....