1997 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Ok despite a few flaws
By the captain on 08/31/07 02:21 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

The 97 Venture is OK except for a few flaws. The major one is the transmission. I've had to replace mine shortly after the purchase. Now it seems to be functioning great. I dislike the location of the cupholders next to the seat...easy to spill stuff. I also dislike the fact that the wiper system breaks. I do wish the driver side door was standard but that doesn't come until 2000. However, I do love the look of the minivan interior and exterior. I just wish it didn't rust and chip easy. It has great acceleration and has great gas mileage (better than my friends Caravan Sport). It handles pretty great. Need to haul stuff...take out the seats and you have yourself a cargo van.

Overrated
By micheal laraio on 01/18/07 10:48 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

This has been the worst van I have ever owned. From day one the sliding door has not worked right. The engine light goes on for no reason. The dealership can't fix it. I can't wait to sell it.

watch the engine
By daddy d on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

After owning the car for five months and it being at 70000 miles the engine blew a head gasket. I was told it was caused by the dexcool system not being properly taking care of before I bought.

REVIEW2003
By jbrewer on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

I NOW HAVE OVER 102k MILES ON THIS CAR AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS. I DO REGULAR MAINTENANCE WHICH I BELIEVE IS THE KEY TO THE LONGEVITY OF ANY PIECE OF MACHINERY. WE HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM A 3700 MILE TRIP WHERE OUR HIGHWAY GAS MILEAGE AVERAGED 28MPG. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

suckerbeware
By notgood on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

This was first minivan for me. I was very excited and it had everything I was looking for. Except the day after I bought it it was in the shop for extensive repairs. Had it less than a year and am ready to get rid of it! I think the dealer did nothing before he allowed this van to be resold. Also, service sent me home with the water pump and belt bad, fortunately there is a reputable Chrysler service company who were happy to fix it for me. Will not buy from that dealer again. Did not offer at any time to give me the vehicle I paid for.

my first van
By NotSatisfied on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

My family is very disappointed by this van. We have many problems right after the standard warranty expired. starter stoped working, fuel level indicator failed, etc. MPG grandually deterioted to less than 18 even on highway. Recently the engine became to have problems too. We are ready for a trade- in anytime.

Ventured Trany
By GWERBI on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

My Transmission is going, going, gone. GM once made one of the best transmissions going. But now thats a thing of the past.

Great Value
By Iver on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

Great space and the split folding seats make it flexiable for family stuff. Hauling people and the folding table and chairs. Popular SUVs are less spacious (unless huge) and more expensive then (1997) & now.

BrewChevVen97
By jbrewer on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Venture 3dr Minivan

Have had no problems with this vehicle. Now have over 80K miles and it handles as well now as it did when purchased. For a large car the gas mileage is excellant and the ride is smooth and comfortable.