2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
So far so good!
By 59_cadie on 01/01/14 08:22 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 133000+ miles. 23+miles to a gallon @ 70 mph. Heater could be better but still keeps us warm in -0 temps. We got it for $6500.00 tax, title, ins, & travel expenses to pick it up. We are very happy with it.

Love my Uplander
By tmccleskey on 03/13/12 19:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our Uplander for 3 years. It was a rental with 26000 miles on it. That told us that it wasn't in the shop more than it had been driven. The seats are fairly close to the seats in front of them, but the grandkids love Grandma's car. It has been really reliable, we haven't had any trouble with it. It now has 50000+ miles on it. Don't like the tire sensors.

Great so far!!!
By greggrawe on 08/18/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van with 4,000 miles on it and 3 months old, it was a "Dealer Demo" and it had a sticker price of almost $30,000 and we paid $18,300 so we got a great deal on it! We now have 53,000 miles on it and had it for 3 years now, it drives like a champ! Never had a problem!! We did buy the extended warranty on it so we don't have to worry about repairs! In town we average about 19 - 21 mpg, and Highway we average anywhere from 27-30 and I think is great for this size. Better then our Lincoln Aviator that gets 9 mpg

DO NOT Buy a Chevy Uplander
By momof2 on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Had it 2 years and now the battery goes dead for no apparent reason. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. The dealer will make you pay just to look at it.

Don't buy the Uplander
By Lee on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle for my wife as she needed a large more reliable vehicle for the family. We have had nothing but problems with this 2008 Uplander. The worst thing is it's not reliable. Charging System Failure continue to be a problem. Some days the vehicle will be just fine, and then other days the vehicle won't start. A dealership has replaced the alternator twice, and again we are still having the same issue. Charging System Failure and the vehicle won't start. When you have a family with young kids nothing is more important then reliability. What is so frustrating is if you google problems with 2008 Uplanders you will get several customers with my exact same story. :(

Bad experience
By Dorothy on 03/23/10 14:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 8 months ago and have had nothing but problems with it mainly the front end. I don't like the fact that the center seats doesn't recline and no armrest on them. Also they set to close to the side doors. I have owned a van before and their was storage room under the back seat. Overall a poor design. It does get fairly good gas mileage and I like the room, but not so sure I would purchase another Chevrolet and for sure not a uplander.

Automotive Atrocity
By Steve on 03/05/10 21:06 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is an embarrassment to GM. It's hard to believe it comes from the same company that brought us the Corvette. Interior design and utility is horrific. I have 2 kids, both in car seats. My kids have no leg room at all. I literally cannot use the 3rd row, as there is no way to get to it. Try hanging a jacket on the hook! You can't reach the hook from the sliding door, and you have to CRAWL INTO THE BACK to reach it from the rear! Ours has a roof console that I've hit my head on many times. This car is a real head-scratcher, and I wonder how it was ever cleared by GM for public consumption. It clearly was not evaluated for everyday usability by families before its release.

Inexpensive van for mom of four
By mom of 4 on 10/20/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a good van. No frills at all. Just good reliable transportation. Ours was purchased used with 12,000 miles on it. Price was super great so we could afford it.

It's gone after 8 months
By Doug on 08/04/09 04:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been nothing but problems since the day we bought it. We have kept it 8 short months and are trading it in today. The sensors continue to fail, the air leak in the front window, poor braking system, lack of interior style and comfort. I am a Chevy/GM guy but it's time to switch to a Town and Country. GM was smart by dropping this van. Trading it in while it's still under warranty so whoever gets it can get all the problems fixed under the bumper to bumper warranty.

New Owner Experience
By timrlarson on 05/08/09 10:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

After reading all the horror stories about this vehicle and its brothers I bought one anyway because I love the body style and the ease of entry for passengers, and I was able to talk the dealer into $500 for an additional 4 year 48,000mi bumper to bumper warranty. I will be back to report on my ownership experiences as they occur, but I want to start by saying I have just driven about 600 miles from Portland to Sacramento and averaged 24.7mpg @65mph average with about 200# passenger. The driving was a breeze and the support of the drivers seat was excellent. No tired back or legs, arrived fresh and happy. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.