2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2008 Uplander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Sort Reviews by

DO NOT Buy a Chevy Uplander
By momof2

2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Had it 2 years and now the battery goes dead for no apparent reason. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. The dealer will make you pay just to look at it.

Don't buy the Uplander
By Lee

2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle for my wife as she needed a large more reliable vehicle for the family. We have had nothing but problems with this 2008 Uplander. The worst thing is it's not reliable. Charging System Failure continue to be a problem. Some days the vehicle will be just fine, and then other days the vehicle won't start. A dealership has replaced the alternator twice, and again we are still having the same issue. Charging System Failure and the vehicle won't start. When you have a family with young kids nothing is more important then reliability. What is so frustrating is if you google problems with 2008 Uplanders you will get several customers with my exact same story. :(

Suggested Improvements

just don't buy the vehicle. i have no agenda or problems with GM, or any GM dealership or service center as I have been a long time GM buyer, but I would never recommend the Uplander.

Love my van.
By Lisa

2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

It was a rental van.It"s fully loaded and so nice to drive.I drive alot for work and bought it just as a work van to haul things or to take groups to different meetings.

Favorite Features

Double slide doors.

Suggested Improvements

The bow tie looks terrible.

Great buy
By Lee

2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Great value. For the money you could not get anything even close to the roominess and comfort of this vehicle. Gas mileage is terrible in the city but on highway pretty good. That is given by the size of the vehicle. The engine is perhaps too big for the vehicle, I would sacrifice the power for better gas mileage. I bought the basic version nothing extra and it is still luxury compare to what the standard was few years ago. Power windows and locks, remote, heated mirrors, OnStar, CD and satellite radio.

Favorite Features

OnStar, seats are comfy, lots of room. Ride is very comfortable, more like a sedan.

Suggested Improvements

I would like four wheel drive and manual tranny. That was not even an option. GM wake up, there are plenty of us who prefer shifting manually and get better gas mileage.

Don't Buy An Uplander - Big Mistake
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

To start with..The interior design is the worst ever.The seats in the second row are very poorly designed,you cannot recline fully because the seats hit against the interior side walls,they are too narrow and uncomfortable and lack knee space,they should also have been made to swivel.The side sliding doors should have sliding windows on them,not fixed windows.The cruise control is totally in the wrong location, and when in use is not smooth at all.The cigarette lighter or auxiliary outlet is in a very dumb and dangerous location (almost on the floor)makes it nearly impossible to use.The rear door is dangerous when opening,it will slam you in the face if you are not careful.

Favorite Features

None!!

Suggested Improvements

Everything!! You should start over completely. Re-engineering. And fire the present Chevrolet engineers.This is the last Chevrolet I will ever purchase. I had always liked Chevrolet but this has ruined it for me.

Quality by GM?
By anthony

2008 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

2 day old van and defrost blower stopped working. Coldest night of the year too. The dealer took care of the issue giving me a rental. The passenger door and fender don't fit at all at the windshield, big gap on one side no gap on the other. The dealer isnt sure if it can be fixed. A terrible visual disaster. It is however not limited to my van only as I have seen many Uplanders the same. Also a rough idle sometimes with a gentle surge when I have a foot on the brake.

Favorite Features

Better on gas than I thought. Styling is nice and the price was great

Suggested Improvements

Fix the fit and finish, its not acceptable anymore to have anything less than perfect.