Used 2007 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Uplander is Awesome!
By Donnie

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this used van back in March and love it! It had about 46650 miles on it, but drove and felt like a brand new vehicle. We traded a 1998 Chevy Venture. While the Uplander looks somewhat similar to the Venture, it rocks with it's vast improvements, especially the 240 horses of raw unadulterated power! Has great punch to pass at highway speeds. Van is much more quiet than its predecessor. It is an LS model with many standard features. Great factory Stereo! I proceeded to flush out the Dex-Cool antifreeze and replace with universal 5 year coolant. Dex-Cool coolant causes major problems! I took and flushed mine 2nd day I had it to protect cooling system.

Favorite Features

Looks Great inside and out. Comfortable soft ride. Awesome factory stereo CD/MP3 player. Great Power! Very easy access oil filter. Right beside oil pan. Awesome paint job. Wood grain on dash and doors. 17 inch wheels Sits up higher than any other minivan except for Chevy Astro- Van.

Suggested Improvements

Second row seats may be slightly uncomfortable to some. 12 volt power supply is in an odd place on the very bottom center of the instrument panel under the cubby hole. Would have never found if had not searched. Get rid of the Dex-Cool. It eats away at gaskets and waterpumps. My last van had it

Awful, awful, awful!
By Shannon

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I hate my vehicle. I started out loving it, until it was in the shop within a month. My rear hatch continuously rattles in the cold, and was told on the phone by GM head office that because they fixed 2 different items on it it may no longer be under warranty. If they would have fixed it right the first time is my argument. After 35,000kms my rotors were shot. They machined them and flipped them, and now after 70,000kms They need complete replacement. GM said that if they can machine them they will, but if they can't they will replace them. Mine were machineable, so I got fewer kilometres than if they were replaced. Not to mention the oil leaks, and the constant door adjustments. Run

Favorite Features

How high you sit.

Suggested Improvements

Brake rotors, oil system, door system, cooling system, windshield wiper system.

A must have for me
By Ashephoenix

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I am not a Chevy person I have never been that impressed with the vehicles they make but when I went to find a vehicle for my family of five I fell in love with this one. We do have some problems with the door but ours will tell us if the doors are still open so we can close them. We do not have the automatic doors since many vehicles have problems with the motors going out and we did not want to have to deal with that. I hit a deer today front end damage was minimal and I walked away safe and sound, I was very impressed. I love my SV and would recommend this to anyone who wants a decent vehicle for the price. We do not have any special features and got ours for 16,900. Great deal.

Favorite Features

The comfort, hauling capacity, sleek design. Don't feel so much like a typical soccer mom.

Suggested Improvements

The middle row of seats could stand some improvement on comfort. Reinforce the door latches to make them stronger.

Don't get
By mad mom

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this van. Then all of a sudden the doors will not shut all the time the back will pop open, or the side doors will not shut at all even if you shut it off the it locks up. I am a mom with 3 little kids and this van is not a safe vehicle for anybody even if you have kids. I think they need to just recall all of these junk vans and give all of us new for all of our troubles that we have with them. My van has been in the shop at least 10 times for the sliding doors. I would not suggest any one in to buying this van. I hate it wishing I could get a new car!

Favorite Features

The DVD player

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the sliding doors on this van

Poor Workmanship
By Tyson

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with my van since purchasing. It has had the steering shaft replaced, and the redundant controls on the steering wheel replaced. The power sliding doors are the biggest joke. They have had the entire motor and clutch assemblies replaced 5 or 6 times and also had to be realigned 5 or 6 times. This vehicle has been a real pile of junk. What's worse is that this is the 5th GM vehicle that I have owned. I never had problems with any of the others, and GM does not care that I am having problems now. They are simply content to keep patching the mechanical door failure and not actually fix the problem. Whatever it is. I promise this the last GM vehicle for me.

Favorite Features

I like the large rear view mirrors, back-up sensors, DVD player, and the van handles well and has plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

GM should stop making power sliding doors. They are no good at it!