2007 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Uplander is Awesome!
By Donnie on 04/07/09 15:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this used van back in March and love it! It had about 46650 miles on it, but drove and felt like a brand new vehicle. We traded a 1998 Chevy Venture. While the Uplander looks somewhat similar to the Venture, it rocks with it's vast improvements, especially the 240 horses of raw unadulterated power! Has great punch to pass at highway speeds. Van is much more quiet than its predecessor. It is an LS model with many standard features. Great factory Stereo! I proceeded to flush out the Dex-Cool antifreeze and replace with universal 5 year coolant. Dex-Cool coolant causes major problems! I took and flushed mine 2nd day I had it to protect cooling system.

Awful, awful, awful!
By Shannon on 12/30/08 14:43 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I hate my vehicle. I started out loving it, until it was in the shop within a month. My rear hatch continuously rattles in the cold, and was told on the phone by GM head office that because they fixed 2 different items on it it may no longer be under warranty. If they would have fixed it right the first time is my argument. After 35,000kms my rotors were shot. They machined them and flipped them, and now after 70,000kms They need complete replacement. GM said that if they can machine them they will, but if they can't they will replace them. Mine were machineable, so I got fewer kilometres than if they were replaced. Not to mention the oil leaks, and the constant door adjustments. Run

A must have for me
By Ashephoenix on 12/02/08 11:55 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I am not a Chevy person I have never been that impressed with the vehicles they make but when I went to find a vehicle for my family of five I fell in love with this one. We do have some problems with the door but ours will tell us if the doors are still open so we can close them. We do not have the automatic doors since many vehicles have problems with the motors going out and we did not want to have to deal with that. I hit a deer today front end damage was minimal and I walked away safe and sound, I was very impressed. I love my SV and would recommend this to anyone who wants a decent vehicle for the price. We do not have any special features and got ours for 16,900. Great deal.

Don't get
By mad mom on 10/30/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this van. Then all of a sudden the doors will not shut all the time the back will pop open, or the side doors will not shut at all even if you shut it off the it locks up. I am a mom with 3 little kids and this van is not a safe vehicle for anybody even if you have kids. I think they need to just recall all of these junk vans and give all of us new for all of our troubles that we have with them. My van has been in the shop at least 10 times for the sliding doors. I would not suggest any one in to buying this van. I hate it wishing I could get a new car!

Poor Workmanship
By Tyson on 10/22/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with my van since purchasing. It has had the steering shaft replaced, and the redundant controls on the steering wheel replaced. The power sliding doors are the biggest joke. They have had the entire motor and clutch assemblies replaced 5 or 6 times and also had to be realigned 5 or 6 times. This vehicle has been a real pile of junk. What's worse is that this is the 5th GM vehicle that I have owned. I never had problems with any of the others, and GM does not care that I am having problems now. They are simply content to keep patching the mechanical door failure and not actually fix the problem. Whatever it is. I promise this the last GM vehicle for me.

A vast improvement!
By B. Norton on 08/19/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this van after I traded in a 2001 Venture. I have owned 2 Ventures and was again looking for a GM product. I was going to buy an HHR, but my wife saw this Uplander on the dealerships used car lot, and she fell in love with it. I just returned from a 2000+ mile trip through Virginia and West Virginia, and was really surprised how much improved this van is compared to my two previous Venture vans. The ride and handling are just awesome! The 3.9 V- 6 has plenty of power, and the 4-wheel disc brakes are a enormous improvement over any Venture's brakes. Overall, a smash hit at my house!

Beware
By Dom on 08/17/08 16:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Out of 1 year I have owned vehicle, it has been in the service shop 6 times because of passenger sliding door problems. It's either the door gets stuck in fully opened position (2x), 'pops' back open after closing, closes partially then stops. Door has been out of alignment 4 times, and the the front passenger door was out of alignment once. Other consumers have reported door opened while car was in motion. Chevy has been unable to fix and seems to be stymied.

BAD
By Jen on 04/22/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Out of the 6 months I have owned this van, it has been in the shop 5 times. Since I bought it certified used thinking I was getting a deal, the lemon law does not apply and I am stuck with it because of the low resale and trade in value. My advice, choose another van. The cheaper price is not worth it. I will never buy another Chevy.

van from hell
By Lisa on 03/25/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since buying this brand new vehicle, we have had nothing but problems. Two weeks after purchase it was misfiring on 1 & 4 sparkplugs. Then the stability traction control comes on when you don't expect it. You'll be driving on dry pavement and then all of a sudden the abs comes on. Had the ebcm changed twice, the yaw censor changed but the problem keeps happening. Its really scary when your driving down the road at 70 km/h and the abs start applying for no reason. At first the code c0196 came up and now nothing comes up, it doesn't even store it in the computer. The dealer doesn't know what to do and GM isn't too concerned. I drive this with my 3 kids and I'm scared to death. Beware!

Converted Uplander for Wheelchairs
By munshpe on 03/21/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Braun Entervan (a Chevy Uplander that has been converted by the Braun Corporation for wheelchairs) 7 months ago and have had it in the shop 15 times. The ramp was improperly installed, the Smart box failed, the Braun wiring harness was broken, and the Braun applied weatherstripping fell off (I had a GM dealer fix some of these problems). I've also had Onstar problems, seatbelt, and molding problems that are GM issues. The initial quality was very low.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.