Used 2007 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Uplander uplifting
By leonard mccarty

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our 2007 uplander for about 3 /2 years now. We bought it used with about 107,000 miles. We are the scond owner. We have 161,000 miles and repairs have been what I would consider normal for this many miles. The transmission started hesitiating from a stop, and i checked with a transmission shop. They said there's something with the clutch when you stop and it engages. Then when you accelerate to take off, it doesn't want to engage. He said it won't hurt the tranny, but to fix it would be costly. My wife loves the comfort of the driver and passenger seat up front.

Bettsie is her name ( Uplander)
By Blanca

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We Have had our Uplander for 4 years now, I can't say enough - I love our mini van. All around it has been great performance and spacious. One of our 18 grand babies told me yesterday - Grandma I love your car. It has so much room in here. Best critic ever.

At Least I've had No Car payment
By ShirleyDriver

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This van was actually a gift from my parents (to which I am thankful), but man it came with some baggage. On my van the automatic sliding door was the first to go. It would get stuck open or think it was open and run down my battery. Then the remote keyless entry went south and my alarm would go off anytime my keys were near the vehicle. The gas gauge would show empty right after I put 21 gallons of gas in the vehicle then would bounce between full and empty until my engine light would come on. It's a regular occurrence to see a "check stability control" to come on and for the anti-lock breaks to not be working. The glove compartment handle completely broke off - had it repaired, but today won't close sometimes. The DVD player will not play new DVDs (not talking bluerays - DVDs), but does play older ones made before 2010. Reading others' reviews I think I finally know what the rattling is at low speeds. Also the transmission (as many others have said) slips BADLY. I am so ready to be done with "Shirley" (as we named her on a road trip that I think was delayed because we wound up on the side of the highway with a blow-out from that low right tire).

Even with brand new tires my front right tire always loses air - I have had this looked at over and over leaving the technician scratching his head. It ALWAYS happens.

It is what it is
By rob5001

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

It is a terrible car, Contantly overheats, Even in freezing weather. Radio is nice, But doors dont work at all. I do not recommend this car.

Roominess

Continue again, make the quality better

Junk - as expected
By dab6

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

So far (in one year), the sliders don't work right, the amber lights melted the front fascia, it misses at idle, the traction control light comes on all the time, the body electrical harness plug leaks and shorts, rear pull strap broke off, the windshield drain floods the interior of the car when it rains, the front wheel bearings went out, the steering messes up (traction control), the rear quarter panel windows don't open, the rear shocks went bad, leveling air pump doesn't work, stabilizer bushings went bad, and makes clunking at low speed.
Oh, and the rear hatch is rusting.
I have not had one of these problems with my 2003 Toyota, which has 3x the mileage.

GM's problem is their culture. Make it really cheap, but try to make it look good. Instead, they need to focus on quality. Spend a little more money where it is needed to produce a product that will last. I can't believe they tricked me into thinking that maybe they finally got their act together. I know if i bought a new car off the lot right now, it would be the same old problems, because the issue is systemic to GM, not the specific model.