Too many problems
By rrhone99 on
2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
Car does not start without flooring the gas pedel. Must keep at least an 8th of a tank of gas in van and park on level ground. Van has stopped or not started various of times when the fuel gets to about an 8th of a tank of gas. Even had car stop on my wife with kids in car (youngest 3 on Nov 29, 2008). When it does stop it will not start back up unless you put fuel in it (even though guage indicates adequate fuel). It appears as if the transmission is going out all of the time as it slips. The rear windshield wiper has stopped working and that is pretty sad as I also have one of those old Plymouth mini vans and it has operational rear windshield.
Favorite Features
The only thing I like about this van is that it is spacious.
Suggested Improvements
Fix or recall the fuel issue. I have taken to Chevy and multiple mechanics and they have also been stumped even though they were able to recreate the conditions (i.e. put car on incline and it bogged out). Research and fix the transmission problem. recall rear wiper and replace. Only reason I am posting this is because I couldn't believe all of the simular post from people having the same problems.