2006 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Review: Nothing but problems

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Review

Nothing but problems
By chief_tc on

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the vehicle is stable and mostly comfortable at highway speeds and is responsive in around town driving. No idea of fuel economy - my fuel system (sending unit to gauge assembly) has been replaced - service can't tell me why my wife keeps running out of gas when the gauge says 1/2 tank. Also had brakes replaced (2x), all side power door lock parts replaced (both sides) and now it needs to have the headlights repaired.

smooth ride, but I can't rely on it. Had a Tahoe previously prior to trading for Uplander. Worst mistake I've ever made. Not sure if I'll purchase another Bowtie in this lifetime. Wouldn't recommend this vehicle to my worst enemy.

Where do I start - Rotors too small, fuel system inadequate - side doors open by themselves (service can't tell me why). This van has been at the dealer 14 times in 13 months (another visit is scheduled to repair dimming headlights - as a result I can't use my dome light - I don't get it either).