2006 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Review: Comfortable and Great Gas Mile

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Review

LT Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic w/2LT)

Comfortable and Great Gas Mileage
By jimmyp on

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

To start, I am over 6' tall, weigh >250 pnds, and have personally driven/owned Corvettes, Mercedes, Jeeps, BMWs, VWs, Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas. We rented an '05 Uplander in Miami for vacation for 2 weeks in Aug06. My family was so impressed that we purchased one in Dec06. Being a big guy, I found this van to be very comfortable, even on long direct trips from NJ to GA with over 2000lbs of cargo. With a light foot, I have been able to achieve up to 33mpg hwy/20city. This isn't a sports car or SUV, so do not expect high performance as some reviewers expected. I have driven up to 6 adults at 1 time who all commmented on comfort. My wife took my van and gave me her $40K Jeep. I miss it!

Most important-comfortable ride. Get the longer model to get space behind back seats. The DVD is a necessity for kids. No problems on reliability. I personally hate cup holders as I dont like drinks/food in my vehicles as they make a mess. Dual zone air cools adequately in NJ 100d weather.

The back seats are a little heavy to remove, but they are solid. The DVD screen can be a little larger.