Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Never buy GM again
By Sean

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Owned this vehicle for two years and had starting problems from day one. Dealership told me "there's no codes coming up so there's nothing wrong with it". The front tires were replaced (Oh they only make one type of tire for this van and it there $140 a piece). The front stabilizer was replaced. The ABS sensors were replaced. The battery was replaced three times. The fuel sending unit was replaced. Went on vacation for a week and came back to a completely dead van. Dealership tells me now my warranty is up and the DVD player is drawing on the battery. Recently traded this in for a 2009 Toyota Camry and couldn't be happier. Don't waste your money on this vehicle.

Favorite Features

The day it was off my hands

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts. Better trained techs to find the problem while the warranty was in effect.

I am not a soccer mom
By Aubrey

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/3LT, PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am 26 and did not want to be in a minivan. I fell in love with the design of this van. It was modern, safe, and comfortable. I have had the van for almost a year and love it more today then the day I bought it. The acceleration is quick, it handles great, and I feel secure. I love driving now. I purchased it used and added the extended warranty (My mechanic told me to). I am glad because of the sensors and new electronic mechanisms, it is very expensive to fix little repairs. It has been in twice, once for the headlight and starter sensors, and another time for for the tie rod ends needing replaced. We have been on a few long trips and the kids love the entertainment package. Us too!

Favorite Features

Entertainment package, power sliding doors, stereo system, comfortable ride and smooth drive. SUV appearance is great.

Suggested Improvements

Cordless headphones included, better gas mileage (I have a lead foot). Rotating second row seats.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Skiingpapa

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 20 years driving a full size fan I was unsure about moving up, in fuel economy. Wow! Our Uplander was that and more. From the outstanding ease of entry, the comfortable seats, room, and features. Easily the best vehicle I have ever purchased and no visits to the dealer to correct anything. We took it on a 1200 mile trip with f5 adults, food, luggage, and a full car top carrier and averaged over 26 mpg. Safe is the word with this vehicle ABS with skid control, side air bags and ease of handling this Chevy it awesome. The styling gets very high marks from everyone's first look. A Ford owner wished that his company a vehicle with the ride, features and looks.

Favorite Features

Everything!. Mostly the handling, road comfort, pulling power (we have a 1000 lb boat it handles with ease. After 16000 miles I cannot find anything I do not like

Suggested Improvements

Engineer the second row seats, with side airbags, can tilt all the way forward, and be removed.

Not a realiable van
By Chris

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Was the first new car we bought always bought used. Had problems with this van from day one. Seems Chevy has a problem with the electrical system with this van and doesn't want to admit it. Was in the shop 3 times for the same problem with the gas gauge before it was fixed. Just got it out of the shop last with for another electrical problem. Not a very comfortable ride for a 6,3" person legs are very cramped. Don't like not having a center console. Be sure to get the extended warranty with van your going to need it. Been the most unreliable car I have own in the 18 years of driving. Never again buy a Chevy mini- van. Should have bought a Dodge.

Favorite Features

DVD player, wireless headphones for kids. Remote start

Suggested Improvements

Center console for the front, more leg room, better construction of the van and better parts. more comfortable seats.

Not good
By Amy

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Uplander for 2.5 years and I have had the worst experience. The service department has had to replace the power steering shaft and steering column in it 2 times now and the sliding doors haven't worked for quite some time. It's no wonder GM doesn't make this vehicle anymore. I feel it is a safety hazard. I don't recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Nice interior

Suggested Improvements

Start from scratch.