Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Never Again
By ladyj43

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Uplander in Jan 06 and it only had 3800 miles. Since then, I have had 2 sets of brakes, 3 sets of tires, my steering wheel readjusted, some kind of rod underneath replaced, and a few other things. Most of the problems came in the first 6 months. Thank God I bought an extended warranty for another $2700 on top of the amount I paid for the car. Complained to AG and Dept of Trans with no responses from either. Chevy wasn't trying to hear me either. I try to support American made because my dad is retired from GM, but American made is not supporting my pockets.

DVD and satellite radio. And I do like the style

4 wheel drive, a better engine, more reliable brakes, and better, less expensive tires

Loved My Venture But Hate My Uplander
By Miss My Venture

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 Uplander cannot hold a candle to my 97 Venture. I had this vehicle worked on numerous times. The air conditioning just does not cool good and the dealership keeps telling me it is OK. In the summer time this vehicle takes forever to cool. I have had numerous parts on the exterior break and be replaced. I also have problems with the lights flickering. It just does not have the interior room like other vans. This vehicle was definitely not worth the money I paid! I would never buy an Uplander again.

Stop making Uplanders!

Never buy GM again
By Sean

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Owned this vehicle for two years and had starting problems from day one. Dealership told me "there's no codes coming up so there's nothing wrong with it". The front tires were replaced (Oh they only make one type of tire for this van and it there $140 a piece). The front stabilizer was replaced. The ABS sensors were replaced. The battery was replaced three times. The fuel sending unit was replaced. Went on vacation for a week and came back to a completely dead van. Dealership tells me now my warranty is up and the DVD player is drawing on the battery. Recently traded this in for a 2009 Toyota Camry and couldn't be happier. Don't waste your money on this vehicle.

The day it was off my hands

Better quality parts. Better trained techs to find the problem while the warranty was in effect.

I am not a soccer mom
By Aubrey

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/3LT, PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am 26 and did not want to be in a minivan. I fell in love with the design of this van. It was modern, safe, and comfortable. I have had the van for almost a year and love it more today then the day I bought it. The acceleration is quick, it handles great, and I feel secure. I love driving now. I purchased it used and added the extended warranty (My mechanic told me to). I am glad because of the sensors and new electronic mechanisms, it is very expensive to fix little repairs. It has been in twice, once for the headlight and starter sensors, and another time for for the tie rod ends needing replaced. We have been on a few long trips and the kids love the entertainment package. Us too!

Entertainment package, power sliding doors, stereo system, comfortable ride and smooth drive. SUV appearance is great.

Cordless headphones included, better gas mileage (I have a lead foot). Rotating second row seats.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Skiingpapa

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 20 years driving a full size fan I was unsure about moving up, in fuel economy. Wow! Our Uplander was that and more. From the outstanding ease of entry, the comfortable seats, room, and features. Easily the best vehicle I have ever purchased and no visits to the dealer to correct anything. We took it on a 1200 mile trip with f5 adults, food, luggage, and a full car top carrier and averaged over 26 mpg. Safe is the word with this vehicle ABS with skid control, side air bags and ease of handling this Chevy it awesome. The styling gets very high marks from everyone's first look. A Ford owner wished that his company a vehicle with the ride, features and looks.

Everything!. Mostly the handling, road comfort, pulling power (we have a 1000 lb boat it handles with ease. After 16000 miles I cannot find anything I do not like

Engineer the second row seats, with side airbags, can tilt all the way forward, and be removed.