2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Best work van
By ccoker5 on 03/20/06 18:45 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Cargo 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After years of driving an Express van for work I was afraid the Uplander wouldnt have the space I needed. But the 2 side doors actually make it easier to get my things out and the fuel economy is way better than my old Express. It is far more comfortable and for the price I couldnt be happier. I think it's a great electrician's van. Acceleration is poor, but I'll trade for gas mileage. I save $300 a month in gas over my old Dodge 350 van.

One of the best vehicles I ever owned.
By Robert on 03/19/06 05:21 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I went to my dealership I went to buy a truck with an extended rear seating. The dealer had this Uplander on display in the show room. After my wife and I looked over this Uplander we were very impressed. Just a great looking vehicle. After driving the vehicle for 2 months now we are really impressed with all its feature and quality. It had all the room that a truck would have with a covered extended rear area and the comfort of a luxury automobile. We are very satisfied with this fine automobile.

2006 Uplander LS Reg wheelbase
By kennyo on 03/15/06 08:50 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've got 2000 miles on my 2006 Uplander and I haven't had any problems at all. I think that this is a really good value minivan. The reports of the 3.5 liter being under powered are probably a little exaggerated. Compared to a SUV or a car maybe, but the 3.3 in my wifes Sienna is equally sluggish and probably worse off the line than my Uplander. I wish their were a few more cup holders and storage compartments, but other than that the initial quality has been perfect. I think alot of the bugs in the 2005 models have been worked out in the 2006s. Handling is pretty good for a minivan, steering and braking response is great. I'm averaging between 19 and 20 MPG around town.

Uplander
By donna h on 02/15/06 08:15 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Quirky little things that need to be fixed. Gets better gas mileage than expected. Would like it to be a bit more stylish and needs automatic rear hatch

Not a bad Minivan
By DanLaw on 02/08/06 09:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving an Uplander that my company had purchased for about 6 months, I bought one for my family. Having 2 young children the standard DVD player has already made traveling much easier (I have only had the vehicle for 9 days now). The interior design seems well thought out and the creature comforts make it even more well rounded. My wife, as the primary driver, has had 1 small problem with the rear cargo light and I am most certain that it will be fixed shortly, and the gas mileage seems very good. It came with a 20 Gallon tank, and we are at 250 miles traveled and the gauge is still reading more than half full. All-in-all, I would recommend the Uplander

Excellent combination
By maria d fernandez on 01/06/06 21:43 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Drives very soft, I love it. It has a great driving view. My son loves the DVD system and the fuel economy is great. After driving a Kia Sedona, this minivan saves me a lot of money on gas.

2006 Uplander
By e on 01/05/06 00:19 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is very smooth and quiet.It handles very well for a van. Good sight lines through the mirrors.

Awesome
By Leanne Carlson on 12/05/05 14:40 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We love our new Chevy Unplander Mini Van. It has everything we were looking for. We also own a Chevy Lumina Van. And the new uplander has some many thing that we have noticed an improvement over the Lumina. Chevy has done a great job with the new Uplander

Not bad...
By dakota on 11/23/05 22:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan AWD w/PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Honestly, I am very impressed with the interior luxuries of our fully loaded LT. Exterior is a little bizarre, but bearable. As far as performance, anyone who would describe any mini-van as "fun to drive" is really reaching, that, or they have not owned anything else. My van accelerates well and offers reliable safety - precisely why I bought it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trading the Benz in for another one...

Best Minivan Ever
By patric on 11/20/05 13:12 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

With great fuel economy, wood trim, and a standard DVD player this is by far a nicer minivan than it's said to be. Driving it was like driving a luxury car; no violent bumps. The front has a much nicer look than competitors. Though I'm not a minivan person, this is a great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.