Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

I want to get rid of this van.....
By L.Arellano

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has given me problems since day one... it continues to try to start after i turn the key, Chevy flashed something but not even a week went by and it still does it. ABS I had to have a sensor replaced they can't figure out why the ignition still tries to start on its own, I told them about my flicker lights, my mechanic says it has wiring issues, which Chevy denies... I want out of this van some way it will happen....

Favorite Features

dvd entertainment for granddaughter

Suggested Improvements

wiring problems, more comfort and room,

Dropped the Ball
By Famof6

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Good overall. Blind spots are a problem, even when you try to check them. Always double-checking them just to be sure. CD player could be better. I like the ability to be able to take seats out for cargo space, but couldn't do it on my own. Definitely a two-person job. Keep taking the van in for creaking noise in steering column. Repair is temporary.

Favorite Features

Automatic headlights, nice bright interior lights, double sliding side doors.

Suggested Improvements

Luggage racks should be standard, as well as rear wiper. More leg room.

Lemon!
By juliet21

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It was love at first sight when we seen this van, the color, the interior, the style. 10,000 km before warranty ran out, breakdown city! The shuttle driver at the dealership shop and I became friends because I was literally there every week dropping off my van (tire rod ends twice in one year, battery problems, ABS wiring, heater core, air conditioner), The problems didn't end there. Our locks get stuck on our automatic slide doors, rear wiper motor went just after warranty ran out, dvd player is problematic and kills our battery every now and then, rear back up sensor no longer works. It was a great van til it hit 50,000 km. Was not worth what we paid for it.

Favorite Features

Entertainment package, automatic slide door, and OnStar.

Suggested Improvements

Build a stronger vehicle! I loved it until the problems arose one after another.

Never Again
By ladyj43

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Uplander in Jan 06 and it only had 3800 miles. Since then, I have had 2 sets of brakes, 3 sets of tires, my steering wheel readjusted, some kind of rod underneath replaced, and a few other things. Most of the problems came in the first 6 months. Thank God I bought an extended warranty for another $2700 on top of the amount I paid for the car. Complained to AG and Dept of Trans with no responses from either. Chevy wasn't trying to hear me either. I try to support American made because my dad is retired from GM, but American made is not supporting my pockets.

Favorite Features

DVD and satellite radio. And I do like the style

Suggested Improvements

4 wheel drive, a better engine, more reliable brakes, and better, less expensive tires

Loved My Venture But Hate My Uplander
By Miss My Venture

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 Uplander cannot hold a candle to my 97 Venture. I had this vehicle worked on numerous times. The air conditioning just does not cool good and the dealership keeps telling me it is OK. In the summer time this vehicle takes forever to cool. I have had numerous parts on the exterior break and be replaced. I also have problems with the lights flickering. It just does not have the interior room like other vans. This vehicle was definitely not worth the money I paid! I would never buy an Uplander again.

Suggested Improvements

Stop making Uplanders!