2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Never Buy Another Uplander
By Nothappyuplander on 10/03/06 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Chevy product again! No fixes for the flickering problem. No arm rests in the middle row seating. The 3.5 engine is very lazy. The radio pops when I first turn on. I had water leaks. The dealership hit my van and repainted the bumper that doesn't match. I really wish I would have done more research before I bought this van. I am looking for a way to get out of this loan and trade in for a Ford. I didn't pay all this money for these kind of problems.

I love my Uplander!
By Vanman10 on 08/27/06 16:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with this vehicle has been great. The seats do not have the excessive flexion positioning problem that Honda, Toyota, and Chrysler have, and people comment on how nice the rear seats are. The A/C works quite well even in 105 degree heat in Tucson, AZ. The 3900 engine is very smooth, quiet, and has plenty of low end torque, but also is relatively economical. We have 8000 miles on it, and have obtained an aggregate gas mileage of 23.3 MPG. The steering is light, predictable, and can be steered with one hand around corners easily. There is very little sway around corners. The ride is quiet and smooth, and bumps are not annoying like on the Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey.

Great product by Chevy
By C. Thompson on 08/26/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our van and within 3 weeks took it on vacation. Averaged 24mpg highway and had a smooth ride the whole way. A/C cooled down quickly and with rear air conditioning the van was comfortable all the time. If I had to pick out a weak point it would be the middle chairs don't have arm rests. Sounds silly but this can be important on longer trips. Our van has the DVD system that was great for the kids. I am not sure the back cargo area is as big as some other vans. But there is more space for the passengers so it is a nice trade. If you are going to drop 30K get a Honda Oddesy but for 20K-23K this is a great choice.

Enjoying my van
By Chuch on 08/10/06 12:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

II have had this van for 3 weeks now and have racked up over 1,500 miles. We are getting a little over 19 miles per gallon average and with the special ride package, it feels more living “roomish” (Like my Lincoln Town car). It turns on a dime. Getting in and out of the back seat is more difficult than my Village and the gas peddle feels very light, however we cruise at a high rate of speed very often and it feels great both on the highways as well as streets. Everyone raves about the fact that the front looks more like an SUV. Our kids and church kids love the entertainment package. Screen easy to see even from 3rd row. Color and trim looks great. Scotch guard is the watch word for the seats

Sad to have
By james caldwell on 08/04/06 20:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The little van has a choppy ride. It is top heavy and handles poorly. It's hard to drive.You can't take your eyes off the road. It is front heavy. Older children will be uncomfortable in back seating. I took the third row seats and put them in the garage.

Standard review
By uplander lt on 08/03/06 20:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have drivenit 1100 miles, about half being on interstate. It handles great on the highway while staying within the speed limits. I found it sluggish when passng other cars, but it is sufficent for passing and has power left over. The nice part, my wife can get up from her seat and reach the back seats without stopping. That is a luxury with other people in split seats.

Chevy Uplander best car I have driven
By C. Gedeon on 07/29/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/3LT, PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This Chevy Uplander has been a pleasure to drive. My family just drove from Ohio to Florida for a family vacation and the Chevy Uplander traveled us in comfort and entertainment for the kids and the in-laws. It is also nice to drive a vehicle that has no problem keeping up with traffic on route 77 and route 90. This is the third Chevy I have owned and for the third time I am impressed.

Liked my Venture Better
By bamman on 07/25/06 11:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I like to appearance of the Uplander but the reliability of this vehicle is horrible. I've had the rotors replaced twice, new tires, the lights (internal & external) flicker constantly and their is a constant buzz in the windshield (I have a friend with the same van and the same buzz). My Venture was a nicer vehicle.

Up with Uplander
By Richard Waterstram on 07/22/06 05:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was not considering an '06 Uplander in my car search but am glad I came across one. I tried it and I like it. The ride is smooth and quiet. The visabilty and handling are perfect. The mpg is about what I was getting in my Windstar LX (19 & 26) and the price is right. So far there have been no problems.

Why GM stock is down
By S Anderson on 07/19/06 22:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

If this weren't my company lease vehicle, I would have returned it. Why is Toyota about to knock GM out of the #1 car co. spot? The Uplander is a perfect example! They succeeded in making a Suburban looking minivan, and gave it a decent engine, but failed to take care of the customer. No arm rest for 2nd row bucket seats! No cup holders for 2nd row seats and pathetic front seat holders! No back air vents! 2nd and 3rd row seats weigh a ton to remove while Dodge, Honda, and Toyota have stow and go. GM can build an engine and advertise cars, but they can't design to save their lives.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.