Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Bad Bad Van
By Wood6

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When we first got our van it was in the winter. We did not know that it did not have rear air. I have 4 boys and this is our only vehicle. I had to put a fan between the seats just so they can get cool. The brakes keep on being replaced. I had to get new rear tires because of the way the edges on one side were bad. The rear passenger door makes creaking sounds when the van is in motion, and there is some loud rubbing or grinding sound from the back passenger side. Sometimes the DVD player will not even play new DVD's. I hate this van. We can not trade it in because the value has dropped so much since GM is no longer making it, and it can not be refinanced.DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!

Room inside

I wish someone could find a way to help people like me get out of this van. GM....Make a safe vehicle for people. No wonder American car companies are going under.

Love my Uplander
By Robert Worsena

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/3LT, PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Like the car very much. People admire the car by telling how nice looking the car is. You feel very safe in this vehicle. Drive is very quite and comfortable.

Lots of room to carry many irems that other minivan could not carry. Example would be my bike I can roll right in the rear without any problem.

Should have automatic seat storage. Seats are not easy to remove. However, seats are very comfortable.

Good Van
By TT

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I usually like pickups but this van was a compromise with my wife. It is enjoyable to drive looks great compared to other minivans. The kids love the DVD player with remote headphones. The engine has plenty of power for its purpose, a passenger vehicle, not a race car. The only problems I have had are with the keyless entry remotes not working and the starter slips during humid or wet weather. This has not ever prevented the van from starting.

Dvd player, rear air conditioning, exterior appearance. The trip computer is awesome. Average speed, % left on oil change and instant and average fuel economy. I miss these features when driving my other vehicle.

Third row seats would be much better with a fold flat feature. They can be difficult to remove and replace. Add an outside temperature gauge and compass this van would have it all.

This Vehicle
By wendy

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been a pain in the neck since we bought it. It has 60000 miles on it and we have replaced the tie rods twice. Bought two set of tires cause the alignment is off because of the tie rods. If you have 1/4 tank of gas and park on a slant you will not be able to crank your car. I have gotten out with 1/4 tank of gas went in the store and come back out and crank my car and it says no fuel. The sliding doors will not close good and will come open while going down the road. I would like to shove this van up the Chevy people's behind. It is a lemon and not worth anything.

NONE

Give us a vehicle that is reliable and quit ripping people off selling a bunch of junk.

What a mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By huffy13

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Biggest piece of junk out there! That is the kindest words I have for the 2006 Uplander. Has been in the shop about 15 times since buying it 3 yrs ago. Leaked water into the back and soaked our luggage, lights on interior and exterior flickers all the time, poor brake quality, ABS lights on all the time, transmission slips when shifting from reverse to drive, DVD player skips even on brand new disks, road noise is horrible, steering column makes a grinding and knocking sound. Just an overall horrible vehicle.

I eventually will be rid of it.