2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Nothing but problems
By chief_tc on 12/26/07 20:04 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the vehicle is stable and mostly comfortable at highway speeds and is responsive in around town driving. No idea of fuel economy - my fuel system (sending unit to gauge assembly) has been replaced - service can't tell me why my wife keeps running out of gas when the gauge says 1/2 tank. Also had brakes replaced (2x), all side power door lock parts replaced (both sides) and now it needs to have the headlights repaired.

This Vehicle saved my family's life!
By Karen Box on 10/03/07 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/3LT, PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

On 9/12/07 I purchased this vehicle and I love it! Comfort, stlye and safety. On 9/30/07 We were victims of a head on collision at a high speed. This car's design saved our lives. We are alive today because my daugther keep this vehicle straight and the front is build to take on a head on collision. We did have injuries but we are alive to tell you about it! I plan on buying another one!! Great family vehicle!

Comfortable and Great Gas Mileage
By jimmyp on 08/08/07 04:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

To start, I am over 6' tall, weigh >250 pnds, and have personally driven/owned Corvettes, Mercedes, Jeeps, BMWs, VWs, Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas. We rented an '05 Uplander in Miami for vacation for 2 weeks in Aug06. My family was so impressed that we purchased one in Dec06. Being a big guy, I found this van to be very comfortable, even on long direct trips from NJ to GA with over 2000lbs of cargo. With a light foot, I have been able to achieve up to 33mpg hwy/20city. This isn't a sports car or SUV, so do not expect high performance as some reviewers expected. I have driven up to 6 adults at 1 time who all commmented on comfort. My wife took my van and gave me her $40K Jeep. I miss it!

Overall performance
By Rhonda S. on 07/23/07 17:11 PM (PDT)

Overall, it's been a good vehicle, but compared to the Venture (which we also had), the comfort of the Venture was far better and the interior of the Venture with its Captain's chairs (minus the table as the Uplander has) was easier to access the 3rd row seating. It drives fine but already we have had problems with the air conditioning failing (pinched wires and blown fuses). Headphones with the radio/DVD system in the Venture were an easier fit for the kids.

Sorry owners
By McKinley on 06/29/07 14:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan AWD w/PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The front bucket seats are not very comfortable for long trips. This van lacks the small storage spaces that we have been acustomed to in the past 3 GMC vans that we have owned. The fact that the middle row bucket seats do not adjust allowing more leg room is very uncomfortable. I never realized that the storage behind the front seat would not hold the Atlas we always carry and that the earphone holders were not removable. We really wish we had not bought this van.

Problems with Uplander
By daizy43 on 03/21/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the comfort of this vehicle and driving it is very easy. I have not been very happy though with all the problems. The outside tempature gauge is incorrect all the time. The vehicle once in a while won't start over correctly. It constantly says on the dash that it needs to have maintanence. I have already had to turn in this vehicle for problems 3 times and it's not even a year old yet. I regret buying a Chevy Uplander. I should have listened to all my family and friends and bought a Honda or Toyota minivan. I have reported all my issues with the dealership but they tell me they can't repeat the problems with their computers. Would not recommend this van to anyone!

2006 Uplander
By Missdeefied on 12/12/06 12:32 PM (PST)

This van is pleasing to me and my family. It is comfortable, roomy, and entertains the entire family with no issues. Great van if you have kids!

Family Vehicle, Family Price
By Bret on 11/17/06 19:00 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Write all you want about SUV/Minivan looks, builds or whatever but to me minivans are family vans. The Uplander is for Families. We got a program one which means families like ours can afford one. It has room for families. It has comfort for families. It has durability for families. My only complaint would be I'd like to see something to replace the false buttons on the ceiling console. Why have false buttons to show me what I could not afford? Other than that this a minivan for familes.

2006 Chevy Uplander
By Dan on 10/29/06 18:18 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, the van is roomy and has a smooth ride. Great look, drives and feels like an SUV. This is a great van for the family. We love our Uplander!

I love this car
By Heidi on 10/05/06 14:16 PM (PDT)

This is one ofthe best cars I have ever had. I love the way it does not look all minivanish. I am a young mom, and it is still stylish.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.