Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Wheel bearings
By 2006 pontiac montana

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Can't keep wheel bearing - 5 since Oct. another needs replacement.Transmission trouble. It's a 2006 Pontiac Montana - same as Uplander.

power windows

I need the real bearing replaced - not dummies

RUN AWAY FAST-FASTER!!!
By RUN AWAY FAST!!!

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well, I'm writing agian to tell more. As of today the van has been in 11 times. We have dealt with anthing from a shotty cupholder that has been replaced over and over to tie rods. Today as I speak it's in the shop because it died on me (funny, it was in the dealership's parking lot), the steering wheel vibrates when brakes are applied and when I start it the ignition keeps turning and turning. It might take 4 times to start it or just 2, I never know. GMC wants to give us...are you ready for this.... 2,000.00 to go toward a BRAND NEW car. The dealership will take it as a trade in to sell us another. It doesn't fall under the Lemon Law because the same problem doesn't keep occuring. HELP?

None!

Everything!

Nothing But Problems,..
By Jim

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I start. This vehicle has so many problems it's unbelievable. The sliding doors, ABS, Traction Control, Stability System, flickering lights, brakes, rotors, tires, bearings, hub assembly, cruise control, tie rods and much more. It was great at first and then it just got bad real quick. I have owned 9 Chevy vehicles and this is by far the end of me ever buying another. I would trade this piece of junk in, but can't find anyone willing to give me anything for it. Of course the warranty is over and the repairs just keep coming. I'd love to hear if anyone had any success in getting any resolution and would gladly take any recommendations. I'm sick of it, but stuck with it.

Comfortable vehicle to travel in.

Chevy (GM) step up and make right what is so wrong in this vehicle. It's a piece of junk and they should recall and make right all the problems that many others have identified. I'm not the only one. Read the other reviews. They all say the same thing. It's not a good thing.

Poor quality with no fix in sight
By gafamily

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this practically new (promo car with 2000 miles). For the first year, I was extremely pleased. However, then problems started and have not stopped. We have had numerous repairs made to the suspension and drivetrain of this vehicle, including bushings, struts, tie-rods, etc. The power doors also have been worked on several times; however I cannot say they have been repaired because the problems always come back. I feel that, after reading several reviews, this is a common problem, but neither Chevy nor their dealers have an appropriate solution. The doors will open or close randomly, alarms will sound saying door is open when it is not, and many other problems.

It does look nice, and the engine has a very good bit of power.

Chevy needs to admit there is a problem that warrants a recall, and have the problem actually fixed, instead of duct-tapped and bubble gummed. If these problems were fixed, I would have no problem with this van. IF.

Solid built van, nice ride.
By Jim

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

pretty nice van built more solidly than foreign, safety of my family was a high priority. Very decent cruising for long trips, good on gas considering its size, DVD player good for kids.

DVD player, back-seat heating/AC, cylinder brakes all around, solid build, and good safety features. OnStar tracking is available although I am not using it.

ABS sensor seems to come on only when 45-65 degrees out (?) -- dealer said avoid puddles (??), the safety sensor on the automatic sliding door trips off sometimes when trying to shut. The only other gripe is parking downhill the gas gauge reads less than actual.