Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Transmission Problem
By upset15

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very upset that I have an uplander. I have never experienced transmission problems on a vehicle. I have a 10 yr old Toyota and never had to do any major work, just regular maintenance. I was told that my transmission needs to be replaced at $3350 on my uplander. This is garbage. I am still making payments on this car. There is no cost assistance and my warranty is up. What a waist.

Disgust
By uplandered

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

tires wear unevenly because the suspension is poorly engineered. cheap plastic, breaks, starter is retarded, transmission slips, no rear air, manual rear windows (in a minivan?) battery in-accessible, this chevrolet is a glaring example of engineering by people who no longer care. DO NOT BUY ONE! you won't be able to resell this car.

someday I will not have this car

bankruptcy

love the idea
By primerib

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love what Chevy has done with the traditional mini van. The engine compartment actually has room to work on stuff. Interior is good, very usable. Could have a better layout. Runs well, no problems. Brakes were an early issue but dealer took care of all that. rear interior flexible plastic door handle broke from closing the door use. but no other failures

engine compartment, ride/drive, room/payload/storage. great power and efficiency from the powertrain

interior design and layout. more sturdy rear door handle. might have improved already in later year models

Unhappy
By Martha

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/3LT, PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since I purchased the vehicle I have had problems, first was the automatic doors. For any minor hit on the doors like when going to the market you know how people don't care and they hit your car with the shopping carts. When I turn the car on it doesn't turn on it makes a sound like when the starter gets stuck. It doesn't start until I try for a couple of times before it starts again. I have taken it to the shop several times and i am told nothing is wrong that it is normal for that to happen. I purchased a new vehicle so that I did not have to worry but that has not been true. I wish I would have been smarter and read reviews before making my purchase.

It is a Chevy and I support American made vehicles, I also own a 2006 Chevy Siverado and its the best!

Have the issue of the starter fixed. And have the automatic doors not to be too sensitive.

Hater
By Hate it

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van is the biggest piece of junk. At 77,000 the ABS light is ALWAYS on. The transmission now feels like it is slipping. The suspension is always making a bunch of noises. The van is constantly rattling inside too. Can't trade it in..owe too much money on it!