2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Money Hungry
By Dave on 07/01/10 21:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this van until I had to buy tires for it. They are very expensive, and most companies had to order them in. It ran very well until I hit the 88,000 miles. All of a sudden everything goes out on it at once. I had to replace the brakes and rotors. I have to replace the engine at a cost of $5,862.00. You can only have the work done at a dealership. Most of the parts are dealer only. My family of mechanics can't do the work, because there are no manuals for it. The dealer manual cost $168.00. My lovely van has become my worst nightmare. My other van has 193,000 miles and I have only replaced the struts.

Problems with steering
By Floyd Cassell on 06/27/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our van used with 58000 km. Now it has about 94,000 km. It had a few little annoyances but nothing compared to now. As many of you have said, your steering is noisy and so is mine. I have a strange problem. It seems when it rains and the van is wet I can't even turn!! If I'm holding down the brake and try to turn the van left it seizes up. I wait a second and slowly it loosens up and lets me steer? I also have a terrible grinding noise that comes from the rear. The brakes were just done and again when wet this noise comes back. Maybe we should try and trade it in? Any advice would be appreciated.

How many times do you have to fix it?
By unhappy on 06/10/10 01:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this crossover, but things brake down on my uplander when least expected and how many times it needs to be "fixed". My wheel bearings, handle for the hatchback door broke costing me almost $60.00. Oh don't get me started on the brakes, I have no clue how much money I forked over cause the braking system. Shoddy, and no one seems to know how to fix it. The engine runs fine. It is everything else that is pain in the rear. Sliding doors won't lock or close correctly or even work with the fob! The back wiper motor died at the first snow fall, because rear wiper switch located on left side steering, where frozen fingers touch and turn on and not realize it. Windshield is problem to fix.

Wheel bearings
By 2006 pontiac montana on 05/06/10 06:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Can't keep wheel bearing - 5 since Oct. another needs replacement.Transmission trouble. It's a 2006 Pontiac Montana - same as Uplander.

RUN AWAY FAST-FASTER!!!
By RUN AWAY FAST!!! on 04/22/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well, I'm writing agian to tell more. As of today the van has been in 11 times. We have dealt with anthing from a shotty cupholder that has been replaced over and over to tie rods. Today as I speak it's in the shop because it died on me (funny, it was in the dealership's parking lot), the steering wheel vibrates when brakes are applied and when I start it the ignition keeps turning and turning. It might take 4 times to start it or just 2, I never know. GMC wants to give us...are you ready for this.... 2,000.00 to go toward a BRAND NEW car. The dealership will take it as a trade in to sell us another. It doesn't fall under the Lemon Law because the same problem doesn't keep occuring. HELP?

Nothing But Problems,..
By Jim on 04/21/10 18:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I start. This vehicle has so many problems it's unbelievable. The sliding doors, ABS, Traction Control, Stability System, flickering lights, brakes, rotors, tires, bearings, hub assembly, cruise control, tie rods and much more. It was great at first and then it just got bad real quick. I have owned 9 Chevy vehicles and this is by far the end of me ever buying another. I would trade this piece of junk in, but can't find anyone willing to give me anything for it. Of course the warranty is over and the repairs just keep coming. I'd love to hear if anyone had any success in getting any resolution and would gladly take any recommendations. I'm sick of it, but stuck with it.

Poor quality with no fix in sight
By gafamily on 03/16/10 14:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this practically new (promo car with 2000 miles). For the first year, I was extremely pleased. However, then problems started and have not stopped. We have had numerous repairs made to the suspension and drivetrain of this vehicle, including bushings, struts, tie-rods, etc. The power doors also have been worked on several times; however I cannot say they have been repaired because the problems always come back. I feel that, after reading several reviews, this is a common problem, but neither Chevy nor their dealers have an appropriate solution. The doors will open or close randomly, alarms will sound saying door is open when it is not, and many other problems.

Solid built van, nice ride.
By Jim on 03/13/10 13:40 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

pretty nice van built more solidly than foreign, safety of my family was a high priority. Very decent cruising for long trips, good on gas considering its size, DVD player good for kids.

The worse mistake
By Karen on 03/06/10 17:59 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van cause our family was growing, I was showed a different van than the one I had. No A/C in the back, a delay on the starter, the brakes issue, the noise in the back, the steering wheel noise, the glove box lock broke, the doors make noises too, the abs light always on. What a nightmare and now is worse cause is worth nothing and we still owe on it....is a crappy car.

What a Joke!!!!!!!!1
By DawnJ on 02/25/10 11:36 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded my Monte Carlo for this van used not even a year ago. Has been in the shop 6 times. Has cost over $1500 in repairs and has to go back into day because "starting is disabled" Have replaced a wheel hub. The brakes shake you out of your seat whenever you depress them. The steering grinds when you turn right. The electronic doors will close and crush a gallon of milk. When you hit a bump the door alarms go off. The reverse warning system tells you, you are going to hit something when there is nothing there and then lets you back into parked cars. The DVD player stopped working just after my baby discovered it was there. Interior noise it horrible! Don't just walk away for this buy, RUN!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.