Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

My Uplander review
By Mark

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car/van/suv because the interior design. It is a good family car plus the rear air condition is great. I did not buy the model with all the bells and whistles but the standard equipment alone offers a good bit.

Favorite Features

Rear air

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest

So Far So Good
By justducky150

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan AWD w/PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far we have had a very positive experience with our Uplander as we had with our Montana. The AWD certainly worked well in the deep Pennslvania snow. Phatnoise is a wonderful idea, I'm not sure why GM discontinued their relationship with that vendor. Basically we have unlimited amount of MP3s at our fingertips on a 40 GB Phatnoise Harddrive while the kids watch their DVDs in silence. We took it on our first roadtrip and it performed magnificently. In addition the snubnose SUV styling tricks everyone. I still don't understand minivan apathy, these cars rock with good power in a utilitarian wrapper. We love it. GM should continue to manufacture these vehicles.

Favorite Features

Phatnoise/DVD, Double sliding doors, backup sensor warning system, AC/DC outlet, air inflator, driver info center, cupholders galore, solid GM feel and muscular GM styling. Onstar/XM (haven't really utilized yet)

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be slightly better. Space is not quite as much as the older GMs. Luggage rack crossbars should come standard, we bought separatly for our Sears luggage carrier.

Very Happy With My Chevy Uplander
By Elaine

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I have always owned a Chevy and we have been very happy with them. I am 64 years old and I love my Chevy and I know it will last me for a long time.

Favorite Features

The seats and how they fold all the way up.

Suggested Improvements

Mne doesn't have the little console between the seats but I have taken care of that. just put another cup holder in there. orks fine.

Very Impressed
By VERY IMPRESSED

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I sell and own one of these vehicles myself and would recommend it to any customer interested in one. I have owned TrailBlazers, Avalanches and many sedans even sport models. I have a handicapped child and I put my wife and son in it every day with no hesitations. When it comes time to purchase another vehicle I will do another Chevrolet van.

Favorite Features

Power sliding doors, DVD player, and back-up sensors

Suggested Improvements

Additional storage compartments

I'll never buy a chevy again
By B.Osman

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Reading the reviews, I wish I had beforehand, I can feel everyone's pain. This vehicle has been nothing but problems from the day I bought it. The driver's side seat is uncomfortable, taking out the 3rd row is practically impossible, it hardly even moves when you push the gas. I have high mileage and had to have major repairs done, Chevy told me that they can't do anything because of the mileage. And I asked them why the put 6 numbers on the odometer. I try to buy "American" when I can, but they will never see another one of my dollars again.

Favorite Features

The XM radio that I had installed aftermarket.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts, Chevy used aluminum parts where it should be steel and of course they break, but they wont' do anything. Bigger engine, I've been through 2 sets of brakes,rotors, tires.