Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Not a realiable van
By Chris

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Was the first new car we bought always bought used. Had problems with this van from day one. Seems Chevy has a problem with the electrical system with this van and doesn't want to admit it. Was in the shop 3 times for the same problem with the gas gauge before it was fixed. Just got it out of the shop last with for another electrical problem. Not a very comfortable ride for a 6,3" person legs are very cramped. Don't like not having a center console. Be sure to get the extended warranty with van your going to need it. Been the most unreliable car I have own in the 18 years of driving. Never again buy a Chevy mini- van. Should have bought a Dodge.

DVD player, wireless headphones for kids. Remote start

Center console for the front, more leg room, better construction of the van and better parts. more comfortable seats.

Not good
By Amy

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Uplander for 2.5 years and I have had the worst experience. The service department has had to replace the power steering shaft and steering column in it 2 times now and the sliding doors haven't worked for quite some time. It's no wonder GM doesn't make this vehicle anymore. I feel it is a safety hazard. I don't recommend this vehicle.

Nice interior

Start from scratch.

My Uplander review
By Mark

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car/van/suv because the interior design. It is a good family car plus the rear air condition is great. I did not buy the model with all the bells and whistles but the standard equipment alone offers a good bit.

Rear air

Arm rest

So Far So Good
By justducky150

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan AWD w/PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far we have had a very positive experience with our Uplander as we had with our Montana. The AWD certainly worked well in the deep Pennslvania snow. Phatnoise is a wonderful idea, I'm not sure why GM discontinued their relationship with that vendor. Basically we have unlimited amount of MP3s at our fingertips on a 40 GB Phatnoise Harddrive while the kids watch their DVDs in silence. We took it on our first roadtrip and it performed magnificently. In addition the snubnose SUV styling tricks everyone. I still don't understand minivan apathy, these cars rock with good power in a utilitarian wrapper. We love it. GM should continue to manufacture these vehicles.

Phatnoise/DVD, Double sliding doors, backup sensor warning system, AC/DC outlet, air inflator, driver info center, cupholders galore, solid GM feel and muscular GM styling. Onstar/XM (haven't really utilized yet)

Gas mileage could be slightly better. Space is not quite as much as the older GMs. Luggage rack crossbars should come standard, we bought separatly for our Sears luggage carrier.

Very Happy With My Chevy Uplander
By Elaine

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I have always owned a Chevy and we have been very happy with them. I am 64 years old and I love my Chevy and I know it will last me for a long time.

The seats and how they fold all the way up.

Mne doesn't have the little console between the seats but I have taken care of that. just put another cup holder in there. orks fine.