2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
love the idea
By primerib on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love what Chevy has done with the traditional mini van. The engine compartment actually has room to work on stuff. Interior is good, very usable. Could have a better layout. Runs well, no problems. Brakes were an early issue but dealer took care of all that. rear interior flexible plastic door handle broke from closing the door use. but no other failures

Problems with steering
By Floyd Cassell on 06/27/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our van used with 58000 km. Now it has about 94,000 km. It had a few little annoyances but nothing compared to now. As many of you have said, your steering is noisy and so is mine. I have a strange problem. It seems when it rains and the van is wet I can't even turn!! If I'm holding down the brake and try to turn the van left it seizes up. I wait a second and slowly it loosens up and lets me steer? I also have a terrible grinding noise that comes from the rear. The brakes were just done and again when wet this noise comes back. Maybe we should try and trade it in? Any advice would be appreciated.

Solid built van, nice ride.
By Jim on 03/13/10 13:40 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

pretty nice van built more solidly than foreign, safety of my family was a high priority. Very decent cruising for long trips, good on gas considering its size, DVD player good for kids.

Never Again! Rather buy a Yugo
By rather buy a YUGO on 01/30/10 13:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It was our first new car.So excited until a month later. lights flicker was told that it was due to a smaller than recommended alternator. Wasn't the case computer problem.Brakes replaced at 23,000 check engine,tie rods hubs@28000 automatic slider wouldn't close at times had to disable,o2 sensor which causes the check engine light still not replaced not paying $200 for extended warranty work to get it fixed.brakes still vibrating ignition problems.

Good Van
By TT on 10/09/09 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I usually like pickups but this van was a compromise with my wife. It is enjoyable to drive looks great compared to other minivans. The kids love the DVD player with remote headphones. The engine has plenty of power for its purpose, a passenger vehicle, not a race car. The only problems I have had are with the keyless entry remotes not working and the starter slips during humid or wet weather. This has not ever prevented the van from starting.

What a mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By huffy13 on 08/28/09 22:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Biggest piece of junk out there! That is the kindest words I have for the 2006 Uplander. Has been in the shop about 15 times since buying it 3 yrs ago. Leaked water into the back and soaked our luggage, lights on interior and exterior flickers all the time, poor brake quality, ABS lights on all the time, transmission slips when shifting from reverse to drive, DVD player skips even on brand new disks, road noise is horrible, steering column makes a grinding and knocking sound. Just an overall horrible vehicle.

A Big Disappointment
By Diane on 06/16/09 04:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded our Venture due to high mileage. During warranty period,power door motors had to be replaced twice, along with stabilizer bar, and horn. Power doors and back lift gate never close properly and road noise was terrible. DVD sometimes didn't work. Rotors replaced at 20,000 miles. After warranty expired, trouble continued. ABS light came on - $500 for a sensor and then needed another $1500 for wiring? Braking always scary -grinding and shaking when stopping. Power rear vents would occasionally not close, and power doors would open by themselves. If it would work right the van was nice. Trading for a Toyota.

Lemon!
By juliet21 on 01/27/09 11:13 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It was love at first sight when we seen this van, the color, the interior, the style. 10,000 km before warranty ran out, breakdown city! The shuttle driver at the dealership shop and I became friends because I was literally there every week dropping off my van (tire rod ends twice in one year, battery problems, ABS wiring, heater core, air conditioner), The problems didn't end there. Our locks get stuck on our automatic slide doors, rear wiper motor went just after warranty ran out, dvd player is problematic and kills our battery every now and then, rear back up sensor no longer works. It was a great van til it hit 50,000 km. Was not worth what we paid for it.

Loved My Venture But Hate My Uplander
By Miss My Venture on 11/07/08 08:51 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 Uplander cannot hold a candle to my 97 Venture. I had this vehicle worked on numerous times. The air conditioning just does not cool good and the dealership keeps telling me it is OK. In the summer time this vehicle takes forever to cool. I have had numerous parts on the exterior break and be replaced. I also have problems with the lights flickering. It just does not have the interior room like other vans. This vehicle was definitely not worth the money I paid! I would never buy an Uplander again.

Nothing but problems
By chief_tc on 12/26/07 20:04 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the vehicle is stable and mostly comfortable at highway speeds and is responsive in around town driving. No idea of fuel economy - my fuel system (sending unit to gauge assembly) has been replaced - service can't tell me why my wife keeps running out of gas when the gauge says 1/2 tank. Also had brakes replaced (2x), all side power door lock parts replaced (both sides) and now it needs to have the headlights repaired.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.