Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

love the idea
By primerib

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love what Chevy has done with the traditional mini van. The engine compartment actually has room to work on stuff. Interior is good, very usable. Could have a better layout. Runs well, no problems. Brakes were an early issue but dealer took care of all that. rear interior flexible plastic door handle broke from closing the door use. but no other failures

Favorite Features

engine compartment, ride/drive, room/payload/storage. great power and efficiency from the powertrain

Suggested Improvements

interior design and layout. more sturdy rear door handle. might have improved already in later year models

Problems with steering
By Floyd Cassell

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our van used with 58000 km. Now it has about 94,000 km. It had a few little annoyances but nothing compared to now. As many of you have said, your steering is noisy and so is mine. I have a strange problem. It seems when it rains and the van is wet I can't even turn!! If I'm holding down the brake and try to turn the van left it seizes up. I wait a second and slowly it loosens up and lets me steer? I also have a terrible grinding noise that comes from the rear. The brakes were just done and again when wet this noise comes back. Maybe we should try and trade it in? Any advice would be appreciated.

Favorite Features

Good size, roomy and all round a good family van.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the steering system...get rid of shaking when braking..ours shook down every hill going out east last year. Very disturbing!

Solid built van, nice ride.
By Jim

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

pretty nice van built more solidly than foreign, safety of my family was a high priority. Very decent cruising for long trips, good on gas considering its size, DVD player good for kids.

Favorite Features

DVD player, back-seat heating/AC, cylinder brakes all around, solid build, and good safety features. OnStar tracking is available although I am not using it.

Suggested Improvements

ABS sensor seems to come on only when 45-65 degrees out (?) -- dealer said avoid puddles (??), the safety sensor on the automatic sliding door trips off sometimes when trying to shut. The only other gripe is parking downhill the gas gauge reads less than actual.

Never Again! Rather buy a Yugo
By rather buy a YUGO

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It was our first new car.So excited until a month later. lights flicker was told that it was due to a smaller than recommended alternator. Wasn't the case computer problem.Brakes replaced at 23,000 check engine,tie rods hubs@28000 automatic slider wouldn't close at times had to disable,o2 sensor which causes the check engine light still not replaced not paying $200 for extended warranty work to get it fixed.brakes still vibrating ignition problems.

Favorite Features

Nice body style

Suggested Improvements

None there is no way to improve it! Yeah if customers are not happy give them back their money!

Good Van
By TT

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I usually like pickups but this van was a compromise with my wife. It is enjoyable to drive looks great compared to other minivans. The kids love the DVD player with remote headphones. The engine has plenty of power for its purpose, a passenger vehicle, not a race car. The only problems I have had are with the keyless entry remotes not working and the starter slips during humid or wet weather. This has not ever prevented the van from starting.

Favorite Features

Dvd player, rear air conditioning, exterior appearance. The trip computer is awesome. Average speed, % left on oil change and instant and average fuel economy. I miss these features when driving my other vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Third row seats would be much better with a fold flat feature. They can be difficult to remove and replace. Add an outside temperature gauge and compass this van would have it all.