Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Very Disappointed
By uplander6

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Uplander for it's size and assuming that a GM/Chevrolet would have easy maintenance/repair. First wake up came when I had to get the battery replaced. ABS light comes on frequently, even after repairs. The lock, and mirror adjustment don't work on the driver's side. Anti Theft system shut the car off several times. The engine light is on now. I've gotten a total of 7 different codes. Some related to the transmission. Told by the mechanic I need to decide if I want to spend more money on this van. I drove an old Toyota van that was 10 yrs old before it had any issues. We're only at 126K miles with the Uplander. Just very disappointed in this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Size and the DVD player (while it worked)

Suggested Improvements

There has been so many issues with this vehicle I would not know where to start. Anyway the Uplander isn't made any more and there is probably a very good reason for that.

Terrible
By pittsburgh412

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan AWD w/PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When it was first bought it was a good van, until a couple years later we started having problems. The tires would get worn out faster, the van performs horrible in snowy and rainy weather, traction control would come on for no reason during warm weather with nothing on the ground. When going up hill you basically have to floor it.

Favorite Features

None at all

Suggested Improvements

Make a better van

Too many problems
By rrhone99

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car does not start without flooring the gas pedel. Must keep at least an 8th of a tank of gas in van and park on level ground. Van has stopped or not started various of times when the fuel gets to about an 8th of a tank of gas. Even had car stop on my wife with kids in car (youngest 3 on Nov 29, 2008). When it does stop it will not start back up unless you put fuel in it (even though guage indicates adequate fuel). It appears as if the transmission is going out all of the time as it slips. The rear windshield wiper has stopped working and that is pretty sad as I also have one of those old Plymouth mini vans and it has operational rear windshield.

Favorite Features

The only thing I like about this van is that it is spacious.

Suggested Improvements

Fix or recall the fuel issue. I have taken to Chevy and multiple mechanics and they have also been stumped even though they were able to recreate the conditions (i.e. put car on incline and it bogged out). Research and fix the transmission problem. recall rear wiper and replace. Only reason I am posting this is because I couldn't believe all of the simular post from people having the same problems.

Bad Choice
By jennerbee

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had nothing but issues since purchasing this van in 2008. Sensors are bad, ABS system failure, suspension rattles, tires are odd size and expensive, AC is weak, mileage is terrible in town, check engine light on since day 3. My BIGGEST complaint is the heater/fan will give out once in awhile. I live in MONTANA, it's essential to have HEAT! Roomy for my family of 5 but spendy to travel in and almost impossible to afford to keep in good repair! I'll drive it until it dies and probably still owe a ton of money on it, as I'm pretty sure death is sooner rather than later. EPIC FAIL

Favorite Features

It IS roomy and my family of 5 seems to ride comfortably. Lots of room for cargo with 3rd row seats folded down. Vaccuums out easily, but light interior stains badly.

Suggested Improvements

All around! Something is flawed in the design! Too many knocks, shimmies, bangs and breakdowns.

Not Good!
By beavispkp

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM had a good idea but skipped on the build quality. Ours has 60K miles and it has the gas gauge failed leaving my wife stranded, 3 doors become misaligned and wouldn't shut properly, continuous starting issues, the instrument cluster burn out, the DVD player failed, and the seats are ripping. Worse yet, the exterior trim pieces have all faded in the sun and are a different color than the van. It has alot of great options, does average on gas, and rides nice but its all negated by the build quality. This car is one to avoid!

Favorite Features

DVD player, MP3 player.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality is simply awful.