Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Too many problems
By rrhone99

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car does not start without flooring the gas pedel. Must keep at least an 8th of a tank of gas in van and park on level ground. Van has stopped or not started various of times when the fuel gets to about an 8th of a tank of gas. Even had car stop on my wife with kids in car (youngest 3 on Nov 29, 2008). When it does stop it will not start back up unless you put fuel in it (even though guage indicates adequate fuel). It appears as if the transmission is going out all of the time as it slips. The rear windshield wiper has stopped working and that is pretty sad as I also have one of those old Plymouth mini vans and it has operational rear windshield.

Favorite Features

The only thing I like about this van is that it is spacious.

Suggested Improvements

Fix or recall the fuel issue. I have taken to Chevy and multiple mechanics and they have also been stumped even though they were able to recreate the conditions (i.e. put car on incline and it bogged out). Research and fix the transmission problem. recall rear wiper and replace. Only reason I am posting this is because I couldn't believe all of the simular post from people having the same problems.

Bad Choice
By jennerbee

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had nothing but issues since purchasing this van in 2008. Sensors are bad, ABS system failure, suspension rattles, tires are odd size and expensive, AC is weak, mileage is terrible in town, check engine light on since day 3. My BIGGEST complaint is the heater/fan will give out once in awhile. I live in MONTANA, it's essential to have HEAT! Roomy for my family of 5 but spendy to travel in and almost impossible to afford to keep in good repair! I'll drive it until it dies and probably still owe a ton of money on it, as I'm pretty sure death is sooner rather than later. EPIC FAIL

Favorite Features

It IS roomy and my family of 5 seems to ride comfortably. Lots of room for cargo with 3rd row seats folded down. Vaccuums out easily, but light interior stains badly.

Suggested Improvements

All around! Something is flawed in the design! Too many knocks, shimmies, bangs and breakdowns.

Transmission Problem
By upset15

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very upset that I have an uplander. I have never experienced transmission problems on a vehicle. I have a 10 yr old Toyota and never had to do any major work, just regular maintenance. I was told that my transmission needs to be replaced at $3350 on my uplander. This is garbage. I am still making payments on this car. There is no cost assistance and my warranty is up. What a waist.

Disgust
By uplandered

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

tires wear unevenly because the suspension is poorly engineered. cheap plastic, breaks, starter is retarded, transmission slips, no rear air, manual rear windows (in a minivan?) battery in-accessible, this chevrolet is a glaring example of engineering by people who no longer care. DO NOT BUY ONE! you won't be able to resell this car.

Favorite Features

someday I will not have this car

Suggested Improvements

bankruptcy

Money Hungry
By Dave

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this van until I had to buy tires for it. They are very expensive, and most companies had to order them in. It ran very well until I hit the 88,000 miles. All of a sudden everything goes out on it at once. I had to replace the brakes and rotors. I have to replace the engine at a cost of $5,862.00. You can only have the work done at a dealership. Most of the parts are dealer only. My family of mechanics can't do the work, because there are no manuals for it. The dealer manual cost $168.00. My lovely van has become my worst nightmare. My other van has 193,000 miles and I have only replaced the struts.

Favorite Features

The way it handles, and the front and rear air. I like the video player and radio controls. There is plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

They need to have larger cup holders, and locate them in a way that they don't hit the radio. They need an option for a middle bench seat, instead of only captain's chairs. Put an engine that doesn't die at the 88,000 mile mark. Allow for moving the video player.