2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Too many problems
By rrhone99 on 03/16/12 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car does not start without flooring the gas pedel. Must keep at least an 8th of a tank of gas in van and park on level ground. Van has stopped or not started various of times when the fuel gets to about an 8th of a tank of gas. Even had car stop on my wife with kids in car (youngest 3 on Nov 29, 2008). When it does stop it will not start back up unless you put fuel in it (even though guage indicates adequate fuel). It appears as if the transmission is going out all of the time as it slips. The rear windshield wiper has stopped working and that is pretty sad as I also have one of those old Plymouth mini vans and it has operational rear windshield.

Bad Choice
By jennerbee on 08/30/11 21:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had nothing but issues since purchasing this van in 2008. Sensors are bad, ABS system failure, suspension rattles, tires are odd size and expensive, AC is weak, mileage is terrible in town, check engine light on since day 3. My BIGGEST complaint is the heater/fan will give out once in awhile. I live in MONTANA, it's essential to have HEAT! Roomy for my family of 5 but spendy to travel in and almost impossible to afford to keep in good repair! I'll drive it until it dies and probably still owe a ton of money on it, as I'm pretty sure death is sooner rather than later. EPIC FAIL

Transmission Problem
By upset15 on 02/03/11 19:30 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very upset that I have an uplander. I have never experienced transmission problems on a vehicle. I have a 10 yr old Toyota and never had to do any major work, just regular maintenance. I was told that my transmission needs to be replaced at $3350 on my uplander. This is garbage. I am still making payments on this car. There is no cost assistance and my warranty is up. What a waist.

Disgust
By uplandered on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

tires wear unevenly because the suspension is poorly engineered. cheap plastic, breaks, starter is retarded, transmission slips, no rear air, manual rear windows (in a minivan?) battery in-accessible, this chevrolet is a glaring example of engineering by people who no longer care. DO NOT BUY ONE! you won't be able to resell this car.

Money Hungry
By Dave on 07/01/10 21:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this van until I had to buy tires for it. They are very expensive, and most companies had to order them in. It ran very well until I hit the 88,000 miles. All of a sudden everything goes out on it at once. I had to replace the brakes and rotors. I have to replace the engine at a cost of $5,862.00. You can only have the work done at a dealership. Most of the parts are dealer only. My family of mechanics can't do the work, because there are no manuals for it. The dealer manual cost $168.00. My lovely van has become my worst nightmare. My other van has 193,000 miles and I have only replaced the struts.

How many times do you have to fix it?
By unhappy on 06/10/10 01:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this crossover, but things brake down on my uplander when least expected and how many times it needs to be "fixed". My wheel bearings, handle for the hatchback door broke costing me almost $60.00. Oh don't get me started on the brakes, I have no clue how much money I forked over cause the braking system. Shoddy, and no one seems to know how to fix it. The engine runs fine. It is everything else that is pain in the rear. Sliding doors won't lock or close correctly or even work with the fob! The back wiper motor died at the first snow fall, because rear wiper switch located on left side steering, where frozen fingers touch and turn on and not realize it. Windshield is problem to fix.

The worse mistake
By Karen on 03/06/10 17:59 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van cause our family was growing, I was showed a different van than the one I had. No A/C in the back, a delay on the starter, the brakes issue, the noise in the back, the steering wheel noise, the glove box lock broke, the doors make noises too, the abs light always on. What a nightmare and now is worse cause is worth nothing and we still owe on it....is a crappy car.

Need help deciding!!
By Please Help Decide! on 02/22/10 07:50 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have this van.... on loan from the dealership... It's a used '06 Uplander, with 74000 km's. Everything seems to work fine on it... nothing that I have noticed anyways... don't like how the back windows have to be manually opened.. Need some input from you people to help me decide whether to take it or not!!

This Vehicle
By wendy on 10/05/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been a pain in the neck since we bought it. It has 60000 miles on it and we have replaced the tie rods twice. Bought two set of tires cause the alignment is off because of the tie rods. If you have 1/4 tank of gas and park on a slant you will not be able to crank your car. I have gotten out with 1/4 tank of gas went in the store and come back out and crank my car and it says no fuel. The sliding doors will not close good and will come open while going down the road. I would like to shove this van up the Chevy people's behind. It is a lemon and not worth anything.

Run like the wind
By Scared on 06/12/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst quality vehicle I have ever seen. It is dangerous (seat belt and tie rod problems) and GM should be sued. They know this vehicle should be recalled. I have 26K miles and is has been repaired for tie rods, steering problems, tire problems, electric window problems, interior is falling apart, doors would not close, seatbelts etc... We have replaced 3 seat belts and not one but 2 tie rods. I hope this vehicle does not kill any families! I called GM and they basically said tough luck (we can give you some free oil changes)!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.