2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Very Disappointed
By uplander6 on 07/05/13 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Uplander for it's size and assuming that a GM/Chevrolet would have easy maintenance/repair. First wake up came when I had to get the battery replaced. ABS light comes on frequently, even after repairs. The lock, and mirror adjustment don't work on the driver's side. Anti Theft system shut the car off several times. The engine light is on now. I've gotten a total of 7 different codes. Some related to the transmission. Told by the mechanic I need to decide if I want to spend more money on this van. I drove an old Toyota van that was 10 yrs old before it had any issues. We're only at 126K miles with the Uplander. Just very disappointed in this vehicle.

Terrible
By pittsburgh412 on 02/19/13 08:30 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan AWD w/PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When it was first bought it was a good van, until a couple years later we started having problems. The tires would get worn out faster, the van performs horrible in snowy and rainy weather, traction control would come on for no reason during warm weather with nothing on the ground. When going up hill you basically have to floor it.

Too many problems
By rrhone99 on 03/16/12 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car does not start without flooring the gas pedel. Must keep at least an 8th of a tank of gas in van and park on level ground. Van has stopped or not started various of times when the fuel gets to about an 8th of a tank of gas. Even had car stop on my wife with kids in car (youngest 3 on Nov 29, 2008). When it does stop it will not start back up unless you put fuel in it (even though guage indicates adequate fuel). It appears as if the transmission is going out all of the time as it slips. The rear windshield wiper has stopped working and that is pretty sad as I also have one of those old Plymouth mini vans and it has operational rear windshield.

Bad Choice
By jennerbee on 08/30/11 21:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had nothing but issues since purchasing this van in 2008. Sensors are bad, ABS system failure, suspension rattles, tires are odd size and expensive, AC is weak, mileage is terrible in town, check engine light on since day 3. My BIGGEST complaint is the heater/fan will give out once in awhile. I live in MONTANA, it's essential to have HEAT! Roomy for my family of 5 but spendy to travel in and almost impossible to afford to keep in good repair! I'll drive it until it dies and probably still owe a ton of money on it, as I'm pretty sure death is sooner rather than later. EPIC FAIL

Not Good!
By beavispkp on 05/23/11 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM had a good idea but skipped on the build quality. Ours has 60K miles and it has the gas gauge failed leaving my wife stranded, 3 doors become misaligned and wouldn't shut properly, continuous starting issues, the instrument cluster burn out, the DVD player failed, and the seats are ripping. Worse yet, the exterior trim pieces have all faded in the sun and are a different color than the van. It has alot of great options, does average on gas, and rides nice but its all negated by the build quality. This car is one to avoid!

Transmission Problem
By upset15 on 02/03/11 19:30 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very upset that I have an uplander. I have never experienced transmission problems on a vehicle. I have a 10 yr old Toyota and never had to do any major work, just regular maintenance. I was told that my transmission needs to be replaced at $3350 on my uplander. This is garbage. I am still making payments on this car. There is no cost assistance and my warranty is up. What a waist.

Disgust
By uplandered on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

tires wear unevenly because the suspension is poorly engineered. cheap plastic, breaks, starter is retarded, transmission slips, no rear air, manual rear windows (in a minivan?) battery in-accessible, this chevrolet is a glaring example of engineering by people who no longer care. DO NOT BUY ONE! you won't be able to resell this car.

love the idea
By primerib on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love what Chevy has done with the traditional mini van. The engine compartment actually has room to work on stuff. Interior is good, very usable. Could have a better layout. Runs well, no problems. Brakes were an early issue but dealer took care of all that. rear interior flexible plastic door handle broke from closing the door use. but no other failures

Unhappy
By Martha on 08/27/10 12:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/3LT, PhatNoise Media Player (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since I purchased the vehicle I have had problems, first was the automatic doors. For any minor hit on the doors like when going to the market you know how people don't care and they hit your car with the shopping carts. When I turn the car on it doesn't turn on it makes a sound like when the starter gets stuck. It doesn't start until I try for a couple of times before it starts again. I have taken it to the shop several times and i am told nothing is wrong that it is normal for that to happen. I purchased a new vehicle so that I did not have to worry but that has not been true. I wish I would have been smarter and read reviews before making my purchase.

Hater
By Hate it on 07/03/10 13:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van is the biggest piece of junk. At 77,000 the ABS light is ALWAYS on. The transmission now feels like it is slipping. The suspension is always making a bunch of noises. The van is constantly rattling inside too. Can't trade it in..owe too much money on it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.