2005 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Review: Great vehicle for a large fami

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Review

Great vehicle for a large family
By Mike on

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The DVD player and capability to hook- up PS2 is very nice on road trips. Interior is very user friendly, with plenty of cup holders and storage. The kids really like the reclining captain's chairs in the second row, and my wife loves the heated front seats. I had a 1994 Suburban, so the gas mileage has been fantastic for us. We have cut our gas bill just about in half. On two road trips we averaged almost 20mpg (pulling a small trailer) and over 23mpg (no trailer). Around town we are averaging about 20mpg. If you have more than a couple kids or frequently have more than four people ride in your car, the Uplander is a very good alternative to the much more expensive and less fuel efficient large SUVs.

Gas mileage, interior amenities (DVD, leather, storage), exterior styling (it doesn't look like the typical minivan), seven person seating capacity and easy third row seat access. Get to have this conversation frequently; (Q)What is it?, (A) A Chevy Uplander. . . (Response) Wow, I like it!

Acceleration from cruising speed, but this is a small trade off for the gas mileage I'm getting.