2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Chevy Uplander LT
By Wes Cleaves on 06/23/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ours has 2,200 miles. It has a much quieter engine than our previous '98 Olds Silhouette, with great acceleration and gas mileage. Little road noise. Superior handling. The ride is a little on the firm side, but very controlled. Very attractive exterior styling--many believe it's an SUV. The interior is good too. Driver controls are well designed and positioned. However, black on white radio display is harder to read than green on black. Also, the smaller speedometer numbers are harder to read. It seems that the driver's "leg well" is narrower than the former model. Also, leg room for second row captain's chairs seems less. Conclusion: an excellent vehicle and value -- vast improvement over former model. Highly recommend.

Uplander
By Jason on 06/22/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The auto sliding side doors are nice, but what if my teenager gets mad and wants to slam the door? She can't! I don't like the safety feature that will not let the sliding doors open until the vehicle is in park, but I can understand why they did it. Makes for a longer drop-off time in the school car-pool loop though.

Great vehicle for a large family
By Mike on 06/17/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The DVD player and capability to hook- up PS2 is very nice on road trips. Interior is very user friendly, with plenty of cup holders and storage. The kids really like the reclining captain's chairs in the second row, and my wife loves the heated front seats. I had a 1994 Suburban, so the gas mileage has been fantastic for us. We have cut our gas bill just about in half. On two road trips we averaged almost 20mpg (pulling a small trailer) and over 23mpg (no trailer). Around town we are averaging about 20mpg. If you have more than a couple kids or frequently have more than four people ride in your car, the Uplander is a very good alternative to the much more expensive and less fuel efficient large SUVs.

Fun to drive
By ronald peluso on 06/04/05 19:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle is fun to drive. Font end is very "sharp" looking. Lots of compartments and holders.

Old Blue
By basspro on 05/27/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

With upgraded seats and all electric, it is very comfoprtable. Auto start is great. Power is not good, way to much noise. With upgraded suspension, traction control and stability control, handling is adequate.

It's my wifes, but I want one too!
By KennyMac on 05/22/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We really like our new Chevrolet uplander. The interior layout is very luxurious and the electronics and options offered are incredible. The car rides higher than our old Passat, giving the kids (twins!) a grand view, which previously they did not have. We think the van looks upscale, and the white one has darkly tinted windows which makes it stand out. They is plenty of room for 6 adults or 7 if they're friendly. Rides great, great price, looks great. The XM radio and 6-disc CD and DVD player will keep everyone entertained. Bye Bye Honda Odd (you look stodgy by comparison), and Bye Bye Sienna (cheap plastic layout), and Bye Bye Town and Country with those fancy folding lawn chair seats.

2005 Uplander AWD after 1000 miles
By Eric on 05/14/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Uplander! It is more powerful than my Grand Voyager. The seats are very comfortable and my kids love the convenience of all the storage. I like the information center displays. The black and white display took some getting used to. The DVD is great for trips. All the seating allows us to take our kids and other team members to practice. The folding seats are easy to use. The vehicle is quieter than expected. The vehicle is loaded with features.

05 Chevy Uplander
By Sundevil99 on 05/04/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Our family has been very pleased with our purchase. The exterior styling is great for those of us who aren't extremely happy about transitioning into a minivan. :) The large wheels are a nice feature. The van sits a little higher and other minivans, putting the driver above traffic. Thus far we have had no mechanical or cosmetic problems (such as molding). We love it.

Excellent Choice
By shari and milton on 04/27/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Does not look like a van in the front. Very smooth ride and very comfortable. Easy to get in and out of the seats. Door in the back opens very easily and closes with no problem.

It's not a van; but a SUVan
By Dawn on 04/25/05 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving this van; it handles good in snow and rain. I love everything about this van!! I love how it gets up and goes when you're trying to get on to the expressway. And it's easy on gas (especially with the prices as high as they are).