Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

A comfortable vehicle
By arnold hilde

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle during the summer. The A/C worked very well, we enjoyed driving it a lot. We were disappointed in the traction and handling in the snow of northern Minnesota.

Back up sensors, arrangment of the seats, the DVD player especially for the grandkids

Engine compartment light, exterior body trim separates from the body

Do Not Buy Chevrolet
By Tonya Thomas

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new Chevrolet Uplander and after 3000 miles I started having problems with it not cranking. Now way past lemon law requirements the vehicle is still not fixed and I am having to go to arbitration. They told me at 3000 miles this was a problem with the vast majority of the Uplanders and they did not have a fix but yet would not replace or refund. My van has been in the shop more than I have had it and now at 20,000 miles the starter is slipping and the rear passanger sliding door won't open half the time. I do not wish this hassle on anyone else because if you are like me you bought a van for a reason.

The entire electrical system needs to be repaired per AAMACO who advised me they have had customers spend thousands to fix when warranty runs out because Chevrolet won't fix it completely and only fix it to last for remainder of warranty.

Very disappointed
By sweteach

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third Chevrolet minivan we have owned. Unfortunately it has proved very disappointing. The Uplander has had numerous problems. The windsheild seal was bad, power sliding door problems, alternator problems, suspension problems, rotors replaced. There are too many too mention. I have lost confidence in this brand. It looks nice, but the aggravation of all the problems makes it hard to like.

DVD

Complete overhaul!

So not satisfied, wish I can trade it in
By Maria Kerr

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The van is very uncomfortable to ride in and also drive in. Seats are not made for anyone overweight, no excessive weight. The car is only a year and a half old and has been recalled twice. The gas pedal is so small that our feet always slip off. Should have made it a little wider than it is. I have owned a Chevy before and never had any problems, until now. I know I would never buy another Chevy again.

Make the gas pedal wider. More room in back. Seats that are more comfortable and durable made not only for people who are thin.

Worst car I ever owned.
By Jim

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the biggest piece of junk GM ever made. In the 1.5 years I owned it it has had 8 things wrong with it. The dealer had to turn 3 rotors because they were warped. Then the had to replace the front rotors again because they warped again. They had to replace the rear hatch struts since the door would not stay open. They had to replace the radio since the volume control on the steering wheel would jump two to three positions up or down. The dealer had to replace the altenator because the lights would randomly get brighter and darker. The car randomly stalls, dealer doesn't find anything wrong. The DVD player skips on any DVD, new or old. Dealer can't find out what is wrong.

I have no favorite features any more, with all that has been wrong it is time to dump it.

GM need to improve their quality big time. I will never buy another GM product again. If GM is going to make a car with a third row seat they should provide a way to get to the seat.