Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

NOT worth your time to purchase
By mickieS

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

filed complaint with BBB, the van has been in the shop nuroums times since purchased. 5 times for the same problem. GM has horrible customer service, it's clear they do not care about the consumer!! I will never by a GM protect as long as I drive. We hope that GM will settle with us, or will will have demand arbritation due to Lemon Law! We truely bought a lemon!!!

Overall satisfied
By Bob Gaul

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem I have is with the A/C. The vents cannot be aimed at the driver. This is a major design fault which is still a problem in the 06 & 07 models. The dealer claims they cannot be fixed.

Made in America.

Fix the A/C vents.

Great Minivan
By Silas

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This minivan replaced my 2000 Honda Odyssey. We purchased this van in February 2005 and have driven 46K miles so far. We don't expect it to perform like a sport car but it definitely out-performs our previous Odyssey, both in power and handling. We averaged 2-4 family trips to Florida yearly and it is a great vehicle for our three kids in a 9 hour ride. Yes, we had some maintenance issues like others rating this vehicle but nothing major. Gas mileage is great when compared to our other car, which is an SUV with 15 mpg. We are about to purchase the 2008 LT model.

DVD system and the AV input for my son to plug in his PS2 for long trips. Also like the power and torque it delivers.

Second row armrests and a more user friendly CD player. Second row bucket seats do not remove easily.

Don't do it
By joe s.

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm thoroughly disappointed in my experience with our Uplander. We made the switch from a Madza Tribute as our family was growing and the quality difference was noticable. The plastic door handle cover has been falling off since the first month. It often sputters before it starts, remniscent of a vintage auto. The interior is shabby at best. I miss my Mazda and kick myself everytime I send the payment in. Bottom line, the quality of this vehicle is near that of a Mazda, Toyota, or Honda. Don't do it. Put forth the extra money for quality. You'll get it back with better gas mileage in no time.

A comfortable vehicle
By arnold hilde

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle during the summer. The A/C worked very well, we enjoyed driving it a lot. We were disappointed in the traction and handling in the snow of northern Minnesota.

Back up sensors, arrangment of the seats, the DVD player especially for the grandkids

Engine compartment light, exterior body trim separates from the body