Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Not bad for a Mini Van
By Rhody Girl

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this vehicle after having our first child. I liked it becaues it wasnt so Mini-Van- ish. Loved the equiptment included with the LT line, leather, DVD player sliding doors etc. going on 3 1/2 years of owning this the only problems reported are brakes, I travel 300 miles a week for work, before I reached 13k we had to replace the brakes and rotors 3 times. I think it was more of the dealerships fault than it was the car itself. Gas mileage is horrible. Even given the fact of how much the car is driven, it still is just horrible. Other than that, its a good transistion for anyone who's not just ready for a mini- van, it doesnt make you feel like you are in one.

Leather, OnStar, DVD player, sliding doors

Stow and go seating, and 2nd row seating that folds down and forward so that it's easier to get into the 3rd row seating.

High upkeep costs
By diane

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chev. minivan & 5th new Gm vehicle purchased--and last. The mileage is good--21-27mpg--but the seats are uncomfortable & the center folding console is useless. DVD is nice. Brakes & rotor need replacing ever 6 months. I've had to replace both wheelbearings & front stabilizer arms & 4 new tires, & I never drive on gravel or inner city. I want my Lumina van back, they have gone downhill in quality ever since & the company doesn't care.

DVD player

Better sliding door quality & reliabiility. Improved durability of braking system. Improve overall quality and reliability.

Dissatisfied
By Camie

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had several trips to the dealership with repairs on this vehicle. The automatic rear passenger door tries to open while car is in motion. "fixed" at least 4 times. The car only starts when it wants to. You have to push the gas to start the vehicle. I would not suggest buying this vehicle.

DVD Player

Adjusting the automatic door.

First Car I Bought New
By Summbreeze

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I needed room for my daughter's family which has my 3 grandkids, and also wanted the DVD player to keep them quiet! Lots of room for everyone on trips. The only thing I have noticed is that the lights get brighter and dimmer sometimes. I have consistently gotten an avgerage of 21mpg which combines city and road. We live in the hills and I drive 32 miles commuting. That's not bad for a roomy vehicle. Only thing I have done is change the oil and filters on time. I am beginning to feel a bumpiness when braking, so I think it is time for brakes though.

DVD player with remote and headphones.

I worry about the kids stepping on the fold down tray between the driver and passenger seat. That needs to be fixed storage.

Certainly not the Venture
By busymom

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd van type that we have owned as a large family - first one was a Dodge Caravan, then a Chevy Venture and now the Uplander. Really liked the Chevy Venture! Was absolutely my favourite vehicle. Reliable workhorse, comfortable, roomy, great value. Traded to this "new" model - first year for Uplander. Cramped inside - not nearly enough leg room and we are not tall people. Original tires were terrible in snow - had to replace them before the first winter was over. Great performance after the replacement. Not a lot of mechanical issues - very happy with that. Brakes squeal incessantly - told nothing could be done. Rotors and pads have been replaced on all wheels.

Has not discouraged me from GM - will continue to purchase - but don't need a van anymore thank God.