2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
1st Minivan
By Aimee on 08/07/05 19:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great compromise between a minivan and SUV. The DVD player is easy to use (says my 8 year old). The ride is nice and smooth and comfortable. Great sound and safety. So far, no complaints.

2005 Uplander
By Fritz G Heinrich on 08/01/05 00:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The test drive impressed us und we continue to like the car with one major exception. We noticed that like with many cars today the doors look automatically. We do not consider this safe and we told this the sales person. We were told that it is possible to program the controls that the doors do not lock automatically. The operating manual confirmed this. But in reality, this vehicle or the control software version does not allow the automatic door locking do be disabled. The dealer could not do it. Chevrolet/GM Customer Assistance Center claimed that this cannot be done as it increases the company's liability regarding security, trading safety against security in our opinion.

Never Again
By disappointed on 07/25/05 22:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Since it was purchased this spring we have had to replace or repair the air conditioner, brakes, alternator, strut work, body mouldings, and the driver side sliding door was locked shut twice. This is not a vehicle I would purchase again!

Perfect for families
By Dk Blue Matallic on 07/19/05 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Uplander because of all the interior room and because of how much it really doesn't look like a minivan typically looks. I love the sporty size and was really surprised at how comfortable the Uplander really is. I rate this van an overall 10 because it's perfect for my family of 5.

I don't see what's so special here
By MAG on 07/18/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for 14 days and I absolutely hate it. The horsepower is embarrassing, so forget merging into traffic. Exceptional loss of power while driving uphill and sloppy steering on the highway. I cannot accurately rate the vehicle reliability because I have not owned it long enough to be fair. On the up side, the interior is comfy and is loaded to the hilt with neat options. If this vehicle wasn't so slow and sloppy, I'd give it an A. Definitely not worth the $35,000 price tag.

Best family vehicle
By Cel on 07/16/05 09:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had previously owned a Venture which is VERY plain and boring . When Uplander came out I researched a lot about it until I test drive it and fell in love with it! Love the feel and how it drives; very smooth. My whole family loves it, especially the comfy captain seats that are HEAVEN SENT! I love the styling of the interior and exterior as well, feels very much SUV style and room size like a van. How perfect! Met our needs. My husband would joke and said it feel like we are driving a Lexus. Uplander is like a Lexus to us!

Disappointing (Borderline LEMON)
By dandrews on 07/11/05 03:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just under 4000 miles. Transmission, radiator and converter replaced (three times in the shop, one more and it's an official lemon). The transmission started acting up with less than 500 miles on the vehicle. Almost caused 2 accidents. New one works wonderfully so far. PCV valve is whistling on acceleration, needs replacement (per GM service bulletin). DVD player makes clicking sound in speakers when accelerating. Intermittent problems with radio and power sliding door. Rear seats are heavy and awkward to remove. No power liftgate option. Middle windows on side doors do not open. Only ONE built-in child seat on ONE trim level. Without headphones, everyone listens to DVD.

New Uplander- Great New Vehicle!
By Mike C. on 07/06/05 02:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle after having two Astro vans and two Chevy station wagons. This van has all the features anyone could want! We recently took it across country, and got 23 miles per gallon while averaging 85 miles per hour! The van handles like a luxury car! By the way, we compared it to our Aunt's Honda Odyssey and it had more features, better gas mileage and better overall performance for a better price! We highly recommend this vehicle, and suggest people consider it now, as General Motors is having its greatest sale ever!

Great mini van
By holly on 07/05/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had back surgery and purchaced this vehicle because I do not have to bend to get in or out, strap my 4 yr old in, or to get out the groceries. I really like the style and all the features that come with it. I would recommed this van to any one with children or health issues.

Disappointed with Chevy
By myuplander on 07/01/05 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The door locks on the Uplander are programmed to open when you shift into park. Chevy claims this is a safety feature and cannot be changed. Any mother with children will know that this is in no way a safety feature. It is ridiculous to suggest that doors unlocking are for my personal safety or for that of my children. Women with children are the primary users of minivans, and we need time to gather our children and belongings when we stop. We hope to do it in a safely locked car. Women with young children will worry that both doors will open at the same time letting their children free, to go in both directions.