Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

BEAUTIFUL MACHINE
By grny 5x

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Van has performed very well during its 1st 41,000 miles. Everything in this loaded LT works well. Very few repairs after 1st visit - front stabilizer links replaced at 40k and sliding doors adjusted at 10k. Engine power is adequate, smooth, and reasonably quiet. Smooth quiet ride. Transmission shifts are smooth - up & down. Good gas mileage: 18 city & 25 highway at 75 mph. Original tires wear evenly, are well-balanced and should go 60k. Brake rotors and pads replaced at 20k. No shutter with 21k on ceramic pad replacements. 2nd row legroom is inadequate, seats lack armrests. Entry to 3rd row is an effort. Manual removal of 3rd row is old design - competitors' seats fold under.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and interior styling beats competition. Very reliable and economical family van. Enjoyable to drive and ride.

Suggested Improvements

2nd and 3rd row seats are old- fashioned -- surely the worst part of the van. GM spent no money on upgrading these from previous model. I think the market recognized this and moved on to other modern makes. It killed the car.

Not bad for a Mini Van
By Rhody Girl

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this vehicle after having our first child. I liked it becaues it wasnt so Mini-Van- ish. Loved the equiptment included with the LT line, leather, DVD player sliding doors etc. going on 3 1/2 years of owning this the only problems reported are brakes, I travel 300 miles a week for work, before I reached 13k we had to replace the brakes and rotors 3 times. I think it was more of the dealerships fault than it was the car itself. Gas mileage is horrible. Even given the fact of how much the car is driven, it still is just horrible. Other than that, its a good transistion for anyone who's not just ready for a mini- van, it doesnt make you feel like you are in one.

Favorite Features

Leather, OnStar, DVD player, sliding doors

Suggested Improvements

Stow and go seating, and 2nd row seating that folds down and forward so that it's easier to get into the 3rd row seating.

Decent Vehicle
By zippywafflehead

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the van 5 years ago new. We have had problems with the auto sliding door, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You can disable this feature though and use it manually. The vehicle has been extremely reliable though. We have never had any major problems with it. We have replaced the tires and brakes, but then again, we have owned the car for 5 years. The kids have enjoyed the DVD player and we have gone on long trips in it with no problem. I do wish that the second row seats had arm rests to make the ride more comfortable. The material on the seats could be a little nicer as well for the price I paid. Other than that, no real interior room complaints.

Favorite Features

Reliability, options for the price

Suggested Improvements

Closed storage instead of a storage tray and arm rest for the second row passengers.

Good value
By Peter S

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Uplander as a certified used with 32K on it. So far it has been a great van. The ride and handling is good very car like. MPG is at just over or less than 21mpg in everyday driving. Plenty of room for a family of 5, the seats are comfortable, plenty of power with the V6. The kids love the DVD player. Interior has some cheaper components and is a little loud at interstate speeds, and the duel sliding doors are a bit noisy but hey I can't afford a new Honda or Toyota. I also refuse to pay what used Honda and Toyota vans are selling for. The last GM van I owned had 142k with nothing but routine maintenance (99 Montana) before a deer wrecked it I expect no less of this van.

Favorite Features

XM radio, dual sliding doors, quad seats, and DVD player.

Suggested Improvements

Since '08 is the last year it really a mute point.

100,000MI and no issues.
By dderbowka

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle at an auction, no problems what so ever. Starts in any weather without issue. The vehicle is mainly highway driven, do notice however when driving at night the lights flicker but it does not affect the performance of the vehicle in any way. The van is easy to maintenance, Also has good power for towing for the 3.5L engine size. Seats are comfortable - At least the ones with armrests which they should have mandatory in all vehicles. I feel that the van will go into the 200,000 MI range from what I have been hearing from others.

Favorite Features

Remote start, towing capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box hinges - Broke in the mothers Montana SV6.