Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Great except for tires
By Mary

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Uplander, it has almost 95,000 miles on it in three years. I have had problems with the tires wearing and was told I needed to rotate every 6000 miles (have never done w/any other vehicle I owned). I am on second set of tires and having flat spots even when rotating every 6000-15000 miles. The plastic pieces on the outside have black nicks and look awful (I live in the country w/dirt roads). I have had to bring it in twice in three years and problems were fixed right the first time. I would like better gas mileage, I get 23 MPG. It does need a middle console though, I hate that shelf thing they have.

I love having OnStar, they helped us when we got lost going in to NYC. The DVD player is great for the grandkids.

It needs front middle console and seats that are easier to remove. It also needs moldings and bumpers that don't knick.

Good value
By Peter S

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Uplander as a certified used with 32K on it. So far it has been a great van. The ride and handling is good very car like. MPG is at just over or less than 21mpg in everyday driving. Plenty of room for a family of 5, the seats are comfortable, plenty of power with the V6. The kids love the DVD player. Interior has some cheaper components and is a little loud at interstate speeds, and the duel sliding doors are a bit noisy but hey I can't afford a new Honda or Toyota. I also refuse to pay what used Honda and Toyota vans are selling for. The last GM van I owned had 142k with nothing but routine maintenance (99 Montana) before a deer wrecked it I expect no less of this van.

XM radio, dual sliding doors, quad seats, and DVD player.

Since '08 is the last year it really a mute point.

Not bad for a Mini Van
By Rhody Girl

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this vehicle after having our first child. I liked it becaues it wasnt so Mini-Van- ish. Loved the equiptment included with the LT line, leather, DVD player sliding doors etc. going on 3 1/2 years of owning this the only problems reported are brakes, I travel 300 miles a week for work, before I reached 13k we had to replace the brakes and rotors 3 times. I think it was more of the dealerships fault than it was the car itself. Gas mileage is horrible. Even given the fact of how much the car is driven, it still is just horrible. Other than that, its a good transistion for anyone who's not just ready for a mini- van, it doesnt make you feel like you are in one.

Leather, OnStar, DVD player, sliding doors

Stow and go seating, and 2nd row seating that folds down and forward so that it's easier to get into the 3rd row seating.

High upkeep costs
By diane

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chev. minivan & 5th new Gm vehicle purchased--and last. The mileage is good--21-27mpg--but the seats are uncomfortable & the center folding console is useless. DVD is nice. Brakes & rotor need replacing ever 6 months. I've had to replace both wheelbearings & front stabilizer arms & 4 new tires, & I never drive on gravel or inner city. I want my Lumina van back, they have gone downhill in quality ever since & the company doesn't care.

DVD player

Better sliding door quality & reliabiility. Improved durability of braking system. Improve overall quality and reliability.

Dissatisfied
By Camie

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had several trips to the dealership with repairs on this vehicle. The automatic rear passenger door tries to open while car is in motion. "fixed" at least 4 times. The car only starts when it wants to. You have to push the gas to start the vehicle. I would not suggest buying this vehicle.

DVD Player

Adjusting the automatic door.

• SUV