Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Like it but hate the power sliding doors
By Fed Up

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We are pretty much pleased with our 2005 Uplander ls except for the power sliding doors. They open when they want to and close when they want to. The power sliding door on the drivers side has had many problems of not closing and opening when it is supposed to so we had to unplug it so the alarm on it would stop going off. It's pretty hard to drive 30 miles with the alarm going off and still be in your right mind when you return home. Also we have a thumping noise under the hood and can't figure out what it is.

Favorite Features

Looks like an SUV and is pretty comfortable. The kids love the DVD player.

Suggested Improvements

Better power sliding doors and a easier way to get to the third row seats.

Reliable van
By earlpearl

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have an 05 Uplander van and I have had only one problem. The passenger side sliding door not closing. The dealership replaced the power sliding door mechanism inside the door and I have never had another problem. I love this van. I get 18 miles to the gallon in the city. I have had no other problems with my van.

Favorite Features

One of my favorite features is the DVD player with wireless headphones. Dual sliding back doors with a button to also make them open manually. Automatic headlights and the different options on the stereo. I also like the backup sensors.

Suggested Improvements

The improvement that I would make is to have a power back door option for the hatch. Option for polished aluminum wheels. I would also have two bench seats.

Not the best not the worst from GM
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car with high miles for the year. Made 3 trips fom sc to pa got 525 miles on a tank. That was with 6 people and luggage also. AC and DVD wide open. So far 10,000 miles not one thing but oil changes. Everyone said the 3.5 is underpowered I have no complaints. This by far the best of the three that I have owned. This my 3rd GM van. Had a 1998 chevy venture and a 2001 oldsmobile silhouette premier. The uplander feels safer and more road worthy.

Favorite Features

DVD player keeps any kid or adult silent.

Suggested Improvements

I think that gm needs to work less on design on more on owner loyalty. you make a good product and continue to do so people come back. And please stop changing the name already please

Great except for tires
By Mary

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Uplander, it has almost 95,000 miles on it in three years. I have had problems with the tires wearing and was told I needed to rotate every 6000 miles (have never done w/any other vehicle I owned). I am on second set of tires and having flat spots even when rotating every 6000-15000 miles. The plastic pieces on the outside have black nicks and look awful (I live in the country w/dirt roads). I have had to bring it in twice in three years and problems were fixed right the first time. I would like better gas mileage, I get 23 MPG. It does need a middle console though, I hate that shelf thing they have.

Favorite Features

I love having OnStar, they helped us when we got lost going in to NYC. The DVD player is great for the grandkids.

Suggested Improvements

It needs front middle console and seats that are easier to remove. It also needs moldings and bumpers that don't knick.

Good value
By Peter S

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Uplander as a certified used with 32K on it. So far it has been a great van. The ride and handling is good very car like. MPG is at just over or less than 21mpg in everyday driving. Plenty of room for a family of 5, the seats are comfortable, plenty of power with the V6. The kids love the DVD player. Interior has some cheaper components and is a little loud at interstate speeds, and the duel sliding doors are a bit noisy but hey I can't afford a new Honda or Toyota. I also refuse to pay what used Honda and Toyota vans are selling for. The last GM van I owned had 142k with nothing but routine maintenance (99 Montana) before a deer wrecked it I expect no less of this van.

Favorite Features

XM radio, dual sliding doors, quad seats, and DVD player.

Suggested Improvements

Since '08 is the last year it really a mute point.