2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Wish for better mileage
By bchcrab95 on 01/31/06 14:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I am satisfied with the Uplander. I have had the exterior molding rust (its plastic.. go figure) The miles per gallon was rated at 19/26 and I get no where near that. Definitely a gas guzzler. Very disappointed with the mileage. Comfortable, the heated seats are great for someone with back problems. Husband is diabled and is easy to get in and out of the car for him. The rear seats are hard to put in the upright position. One thing that I would fix is that is nearly impossible to see to the rear passenger side to look for oncoming traffic with the seat in the upright position.

Safety issues
By safty issues on 01/25/06 22:31 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I got in to drive because I am 4'9" tall I can't reach the gas pedal, and when my husband drove it he had a lot of blind spots because the driver seat doesn't go down and his vision is obstructed, by the roof. He even had to duck to see the traffic lights. We didn't realize it didn't have a power seat. The sliding doors slide shut without warning. I've been hit with the door and my 4 year old almost got her head caught in the door. The kids fall over at every turn because there are no arm rests so they hang by the seat belts. Drive thru cups fly out of front cup holders going around turns. Was in a really bad accident the OnStar didn't come on and the air bags didn't deploy.

Best Van Owned Out Of 12
By bernie on 01/20/06 09:28 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van by far is the most pleasurable to drive on long distances. Since May of 2005 I have logged 17,500 uneventful, trouble free miles. I've been averaging 25 mpg over all, and as high as 28.5 mpg on are long trips to Florida, averaging 75 mph.

Uplander - a design defect
By Shelby Anderson on 01/19/06 17:43 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has many serious design defects. The cup holder in the dashboard comes off track easily (with or without a drink in it). The sliding door motors run after the doors are closed. The sliding doors have had times when they do not open at all. This vehicle has serious wind noise (in particular around the windshield). On particularly windy days, the noise can be very loud and distracting. The interior has issues. The compartments on the back of the seats do not close easily. The latches to adjust the seatbacks do not work properly. This car drives very good but with all the other issues this car has big disappointment!!

The more I drive the more I like
By Mark on 01/14/06 20:31 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've always had performance cars, for their functional Gadgets/Power/Handling. My last car was a Loaded Trailblazer LTZ. I needed a new car to transport my aging parents with ease and security. All car makers can make a hot car but it is better to make a car handle and stop well. I chose the Uplander for its Engine/4 Wheel Antilock Disk Brakes/Stabili-Trac/Traction Control/Air Leveling/Sit-n-Lift systems. The SUV-Van concept also is nice. XM Satilite radio/6 CD Changer/Radio Station Info System is nice. Controls are easy for me to command the whole car. The Digital Info Center is a plus too. Auto Liftgate is nice too. Headrests in back are a small problem like extra passenger heads.

Extremely Dissatisfied
By Michelle on 01/13/06 09:37 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle less than 8 months. It has been in the shop 6 six times for different items. The transmission went out, the day of delivery the dealership backed it into a pole and it had to have a new backend, the tint has fallen off, the air conditioning vent has falled out of the dash board, the horn would not work properly as well as the two recall notices that have come out on this vehicle. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Honeymoon Over, Divorce Final
By Mike on 01/12/06 11:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I first reviewed the van on 06/17/2005. Everything went fine until early October. Banging sound in the rear-end got it in the shop twice for a total of 10 days. Turned out to be a bushing on the torsion bar. Exactly two weeks after getting it out of the shop the engine croaked as I was driving at highway speed, I was stranded about 100 miles from home (OnStar did come through). The fix this time was an engine replacement, in the shop for 13 days. My confidence at this point was very shaken. Eleven days after coming out of the shop, the ABS brake light came on, later that night it would not start. It spent the next 12 days in the shop. Traded in on day 13 for a GMC Yukon XL.

Uplander review
By Paul on 12/24/05 09:25 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have enjoyed our Uplander very much. Electric sliding doors on both sides is major plus. Folding/removable passenger seating is very convenient.

Chevrolet Uplander the classy van
By sejecc on 12/18/05 05:23 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this vehicle is just like driving an SUV. Never in my life would I have bought a minivan, had this one not have been on the market. This will give the average soccer mom more class, and more of a sporty feel. I recommend it to anyone.

Too many trips to the shop
By lpofaith01 on 12/03/05 22:31 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Loved the car at first, but after an after-market auto start was put in (by the dealership) my problems began. It never worked the right way and too many people tried to fix it messing up the wiring and causing problems with everything from the lights to the radio. After the company came to my house for the fifth time I brought it back to the dealership to have it removed. I've also had my radio replaced twice because the volume kept going out. The dealership said there was a "bulletin" out on this plus one on the headlights and int. lights surging. They've replaced my alternator to fix that problem. I've also had problems w/my brakes, rear sensor, horn and starter.