2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
This van is a horrible waste of money
By Seashell on 12/27/08 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle in Feb 2005 for $29,000. We thought it had everything heated seats, power sliding doors, remote start, leather, etc. However the one thing it doesn't have is reliability. In the first 10,000 miles I had to replace the brakes and rotors twice, then the passenger side sliding door is broken, the glass on the passenger window fell into the door, the alternator needs to be replaced, it handles like absolute garbage. I am so upset that I am still making payments on this vehicle as well as making repairs.

A fantastic Value
By Bob Thomas on 12/14/08 12:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this vehicle, I was looking for a Buick. But I saw the Uplander just off the truck and I was impressed with the look and price! The Uplander ride is smooth like a quality car, not like a truck. I recently replaced tires and other than routein maintaince, I have had no issues. Lots of cargo room. Seven can ride very comfortably. Uplander is a great value, no doubt!

A winner
By pops on 11/28/08 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent minivan -- smooth ride, quiet, decent handling, adequate power, good economy, great styling inside & out. Not as great seat comfort, middle row legroom, antiquated 2nd and 3rd row seat movements.

Great Deal on a Great Van
By Scott on 10/25/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van after finally deciding a minivan was for us. We test drove them all and knew this was the right one for the pricing and options. We took it for its maiden voyage of 1000 miles of mountains and rain with no problems averaging 22 MPG. It's plenty powerful, handles well, looks nice, and is full of enough features to keep everyone happy. We test drove 3 Uplanders and one Terazza and all had a strange low speed clunking sound from the front end. Hope this is not a failure waiting to happen. Also, there are some minor rattles here and there but nothing overwhelming. Our key remote is slow to lock and unlock the door but hope its just the battery. Great experience and hope for more

Buyers Beware!
By Proud Momma on 10/05/08 17:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Buyer's beware! I brought this fairly new, only 37000 miles on it. The gas gauge never works, the car only starts when it wants to, the rear passenger door tries to open when you are driving and won't close when you want it to, the radio controls are hit or miss, oh yeah and my transmission went at 45,000 miles! I am stuck with this heap and the Subaru dealer that sold it to me told me I should have bought a Subaru. I am a Nissan girl and will get rid of this as soon as I can! Don't buy this unless you like being stranded!

Like it but hate the power sliding doors
By Fed Up on 09/08/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We are pretty much pleased with our 2005 Uplander ls except for the power sliding doors. They open when they want to and close when they want to. The power sliding door on the drivers side has had many problems of not closing and opening when it is supposed to so we had to unplug it so the alarm on it would stop going off. It's pretty hard to drive 30 miles with the alarm going off and still be in your right mind when you return home. Also we have a thumping noise under the hood and can't figure out what it is.

Reliable van
By earlpearl on 07/12/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have an 05 Uplander van and I have had only one problem. The passenger side sliding door not closing. The dealership replaced the power sliding door mechanism inside the door and I have never had another problem. I love this van. I get 18 miles to the gallon in the city. I have had no other problems with my van.

Not the best not the worst from GM
By mike on 07/11/08 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car with high miles for the year. Made 3 trips fom sc to pa got 525 miles on a tank. That was with 6 people and luggage also. AC and DVD wide open. So far 10,000 miles not one thing but oil changes. Everyone said the 3.5 is underpowered I have no complaints. This by far the best of the three that I have owned. This my 3rd GM van. Had a 1998 chevy venture and a 2001 oldsmobile silhouette premier. The uplander feels safer and more road worthy.

Great except for tires
By Mary on 06/24/08 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Uplander, it has almost 95,000 miles on it in three years. I have had problems with the tires wearing and was told I needed to rotate every 6000 miles (have never done w/any other vehicle I owned). I am on second set of tires and having flat spots even when rotating every 6000-15000 miles. The plastic pieces on the outside have black nicks and look awful (I live in the country w/dirt roads). I have had to bring it in twice in three years and problems were fixed right the first time. I would like better gas mileage, I get 23 MPG. It does need a middle console though, I hate that shelf thing they have.

Good value
By Peter S on 06/05/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Uplander as a certified used with 32K on it. So far it has been a great van. The ride and handling is good very car like. MPG is at just over or less than 21mpg in everyday driving. Plenty of room for a family of 5, the seats are comfortable, plenty of power with the V6. The kids love the DVD player. Interior has some cheaper components and is a little loud at interstate speeds, and the duel sliding doors are a bit noisy but hey I can't afford a new Honda or Toyota. I also refuse to pay what used Honda and Toyota vans are selling for. The last GM van I owned had 142k with nothing but routine maintenance (’99 Montana) before a deer wrecked it I expect no less of this van.