Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Door Frustration
By MomOf4

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this van when we purchased it. We had two kids and were expecting another so we needed a bigger vehicle. Now we have had it in the shop 6 times for the passenger sliding door not closing, door alarms going off while driving with the doors shut, and the horn starts blowing for no reason when it is just sitting in the parking lot til either the fuse or the horn itself shorts. I'm dealing with GM now cause the dealership wants to charge me $400 just to do diagnostics on a known problem with this model van. Hopefully they can help.

My kids love the DVD player and I love the 6 disk CD changer and the look of the van itself.

Make a recall on the door situation since it is a known issue instead of making the consumers spend hundreds of dollars, and not to mention the time wasted in having it in the shop, to get it fixed.

Think Twice!
By BetT

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wish I would have looked more at the vehicle instead of the price. Headlights go from dim to bright on their own at night. ABS light comes on every time I drive it. Chevy mechanics say it's an electrical problem with the van, but my brake pedal goes all the way to the floor at times due to this ABS electrical problem. I have to push on the gas pedal to get the van started. Engine still stalls out some times. Power sliding door fails at times. Had to replace the back "hatch" door handle after it broke. Gas mileage is horrible, unless traveling interstate. Overall, I will never buy another Chevy/GM product. Completely unreliable.

I, luckily, have had no problems with the dvd player yet. That was the main reason I purchased this van. The cargo space is adequate too.

They've discontinued making this van...I think that was the best improvement they could have made.

Uplander - Would Never Choose Again
By Unhappy

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Uplander new, it has been back 15 times in 4 years. Automatic Door being main problem, 10 times, they can't find anything wrong!!! Airbag problems, seat belt problems. Extremely frustrating and unsafe. Front Rotors replaced twice in 12 mths, common problem. Seats stain with water spillage. Hate this car and would never buy another Chevy again. Now working with GM to find solution for this piece of junk.

Nothing about this car is my favorite.

Build a better vehicle

NEVER ANOTHER CHEVY
By NEVER AGAIN

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have always owned a chevy, well sadly to say never again. I bought the 2005 Uplander, and at first it was a very nice van which I liked alot. Then in January I had to take it in for the first time, my engine was starting up hard. Fixed that problem. Then my headlights were dimming in and out as I was driving. My voltage regulator and alternator were deemed the problem. Then the next month I had my van in because my passenger side tirod was bad. ( I dont drive rough). Then on my display screen it would tell me to check my gas cap replaced. The auto passenger door opens on its own while drivin. In the shop now. I HATE CHEVY WORST VEHICLE EVER. Will now buy Ford or import.

DVD

MECHANICAL ISSUES TOO MANY TO LIST

Never, Never Again
By Jen

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In 2005, I was expecting twins we already had a 5yr old so we need more room and we like the way the uplander looked..more like and suv than minivan. bought new because I didn't have time to have a vehicle in the shop. This must have been a lemon..just a few month after purchasing I had repeated problems with doors (huge inconvenience with twins)and they continue to be a huge problem. also had charging system worked on, still not right and numerous other problems during the first 6 mths of ownership...at that time we tried to get the dealership to replace this junk with something of equal value but they did nothing and GM didn't care when I emailed them and called them...they had their money

the idea of a minivan not looking like and minivan... the only thing GM got right about this vehicle