2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Think Twice!
By BetT on 10/02/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wish I would have looked more at the vehicle instead of the price. Headlights go from dim to bright on their own at night. ABS light comes on every time I drive it. Chevy mechanics say it's an electrical problem with the van, but my brake pedal goes all the way to the floor at times due to this ABS electrical problem. I have to push on the gas pedal to get the van started. Engine still stalls out some times. Power sliding door fails at times. Had to replace the back "hatch" door handle after it broke. Gas mileage is horrible, unless traveling interstate. Overall, I will never buy another Chevy/GM product. Completely unreliable.

Uplander - Would Never Choose Again
By Unhappy on 08/15/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Uplander new, it has been back 15 times in 4 years. Automatic Door being main problem, 10 times, they can't find anything wrong!!! Airbag problems, seat belt problems. Extremely frustrating and unsafe. Front Rotors replaced twice in 12 mths, common problem. Seats stain with water spillage. Hate this car and would never buy another Chevy again. Now working with GM to find solution for this piece of junk.

NEVER ANOTHER CHEVY
By NEVER AGAIN on 08/14/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have always owned a chevy, well sadly to say never again. I bought the 2005 Uplander, and at first it was a very nice van which I liked alot. Then in January I had to take it in for the first time, my engine was starting up hard. Fixed that problem. Then my headlights were dimming in and out as I was driving. My voltage regulator and alternator were deemed the problem. Then the next month I had my van in because my passenger side tirod was bad. ( I dont drive rough). Then on my display screen it would tell me to check my gas cap replaced. The auto passenger door opens on its own while drivin. In the shop now. I HATE CHEVY WORST VEHICLE EVER. Will now buy Ford or import.

Never, Never Again
By Jen on 07/18/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In 2005, I was expecting twins we already had a 5yr old so we need more room and we like the way the uplander looked..more like and suv than minivan. bought new because I didn't have time to have a vehicle in the shop. This must have been a lemon..just a few month after purchasing I had repeated problems with doors (huge inconvenience with twins)and they continue to be a huge problem. also had charging system worked on, still not right and numerous other problems during the first 6 mths of ownership...at that time we tried to get the dealership to replace this junk with something of equal value but they did nothing and GM didn't care when I emailed them and called them...they had their money

BEAUTIFUL MACHINE
By grny 5x on 06/13/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Van has performed very well during its 1st 41,000 miles. Everything in this loaded LT works well. Very few repairs after 1st visit - front stabilizer links replaced at 40k and sliding doors adjusted at 10k. Engine power is adequate, smooth, and reasonably quiet. Smooth quiet ride. Transmission shifts are smooth - up & down. Good gas mileage: 18 city & 25 highway at 75 mph. Original tires wear evenly, are well-balanced and should go 60k. Brake rotors and pads replaced at 20k. No shutter with 21k on ceramic pad replacements. 2nd row legroom is inadequate, seats lack armrests. Entry to 3rd row is an effort. Manual removal of 3rd row is old design - competitors' seats fold under.

wished i could get rid of it!!!
By mary furrow on 05/22/09 22:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Oh my! So so so many things wrong with it!Before warranty went out the dvd had to be replaced and the speakers not to long after that , ,then the sliding doors motor went out! Then transmission problems.... And brakes... And then my suspension went out on the back trunk opener!Dont have the list with me now at 55,000 abs light coming on ... And the side door does not open it comes open on and off... And I just keep it lock!We got it in 2006 we still owe 15,000.. Never again! I wanted to help amercian and but amer.. Van.. When this is paid off ! Its gone! Paint fading and parts out the van falling off.... Let me stop!

Rethink it...... Nothing But Problems
By @msn.com on 02/22/09 18:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was somewhat apprehensive to purchase the vehicle, because it looked cheap on the inside. I should of followed my gut. Nothing but problems. Stereo never worked had it serviced 3 or 4 times, something with the wiring, automatic doors worked when they wanted to, keyless entry was anything but keyless, tires bad, new ones every time you turn around. Back windshield wiper motor went out. Yes I bought this new. Would not recommend to anyone. Major lemon.

Not a great experience.
By Rawiri on 01/24/09 17:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this van in April 2005 and have been counting the days till April 2009 when it goes back. It has been mechanically reliable but we've had too many trips to the dealer for electrical, build quality and handling problems for us to call the van reliable. It constantly pulls to the right - wheel alignment doesn't help - and sways all over the road at highway speeds. My wife won't drive it, preferring our '97 F150! Cabin space and comfort is adequate although front storage is very limited as is the trunk area compared to other vans out there. We were seduced by the long list of features for the money compared to Honda and Toyota but next time will pay way more attention to quality.

ABS Brakes / car fax reports
By rutter on 01/13/09 22:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my used '05 Uplander for less then a month. And here are the problems I've had. 1- ABS bad sensor? Light comes on when I'm going in reverse and step on the braks. Plus, I swear it sounds like grinding metal when the ABS kicks in. 2-front rotors warped? Wow, I'm going to get a copy of the CARFAX report. The car only had 32,000 miles on it when I got it. So I'm hoping to make this car last. My last car a Saturn VUE died just like my friends did at 159000. cracked head gasket and blown piston. I've read alot or reviews, and I'm hoping for the better side of them all. The one thing I miss is getting over 25 MPG with my Saturn, with all the driving I do.

Worst minivan ever
By Chasm on 12/28/08 10:36 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third GM van I have owned. We have had numerous problems with the power doors failing - either not opening at all, or not staying closed and requiring a manual close. The brakes wear out very frequently, and the front end will not stay in alignment. It has now developed serious electrical problems - short circuits are blowing fuses, and the power door motor wants to stay on continuously. Luckily our lease is up, we are returning the vehicle and will not buy another GM car.