Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

I wouldn't choose an Uplander as my 1st
By Yvonne Sween

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have some problems with our '05 Uplander. The outside trim has been replaced twice and still is crooked. Our airbag had to be tightened and we still have a loud rattle sound under our dash. Overall I would buy a Toyota Sienna or a Honda Odessey if I was to do it over again.

Favorite Features

It has a nice DVD system and my kids like the space between the back seats

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see Chevy tighten up the Uplander dash and airbags. The van should be a little quieter on the road.

Love It
By LOVE IT

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We love this van. I have looked at them all and this one gave us the room that we need. It does not feel like you are driving a van. Itís great on gas too. Lots of space and much more

Favorite Features

DVD. All the storage space, cup holders. I love how the cup holders in the middle of the front seats the back holders move out to make it longer for the 2nd row to get to.

Suggested Improvements

2nd row chairs need armrests

My unpleasent experience
By simon

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this with the hopes for a nice comfertable car that was suposed to be an upgrade from the standerd Venture. What a disapointment.

Suggested Improvements

Wider seats, better handling on turns, center seat to recline. More space in trunk

Ticked at Chevrolet
By Ticked at Chevrolet

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have always preferred Chevrolet over Ford products. Mostly I am more satisfied with the workmanship and performance of the vehicles. The Uplander LS may change my mind. I was told on 3/6/06 that the rearend of the vehicle is designed so that if you do not rotate the tires every 6000 miles it will cause the inside edge of the tires to wear faster and feather (have high and low spots.) The owners manual recommends for the tires to be rotated every 8000 miles.

Favorite Features

I like the four folding seats for extra room for hauling, both sliding passenger doors with remote control, the extra cup holders, the backup sensors, the power/heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Decrease the amount of space required to turn around, take out some of the overhead storage compartments (these cause bumped heads), put a remote door on the rear, Put controls for operating the DVD player on the dash with the controls for the radio and cd player, The rear console is hard to operate

Need some improvements
By soft ride

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a year, had some trouble with the front end, other then that, it has been a pretty good car so far. It could be better on gas and comfort on long trips for the passengers. The only thing I do not like is the middle seats do not have arm rests for the passengers, so they do not like to ride in the car.

Favorite Features

The DVD player, The air control for the back of the car. and that it has a lot of room inside.

Suggested Improvements

I would recommend more softer seats for the rear passengers, and arm rests for the middle seats. there is no room to put your arms when you are a passenger.