2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
100,000MI and no issues.
By dderbowka on 06/23/14 20:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle at an auction, no problems what so ever. Starts in any weather without issue. The vehicle is mainly highway driven, do notice however when driving at night the lights flicker but it does not affect the performance of the vehicle in any way. The van is easy to maintenance, Also has good power for towing for the 3.5L engine size. Seats are comfortable - At least the ones with armrests which they should have mandatory in all vehicles. I feel that the van will go into the 200,000 MI range from what I have been hearing from others.

3rd update.
By roy71 on 10/29/12 14:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our 2005 Uplander for a year and a half now. Its been an ok van, but a couple problems have shown up..some small, others large. We had a problem with the transmission last year banging into gear when leaving a stop, we took it to the mechanic and they fixed a sensor that seemed to be the problem. The banging went away for a year then recently came back, so back to the mechanic we went, they cleaned out the sensor again and the problem went away...but this time for only a week, then back to slamming into gear. we took it to a transmission shop this time and they found metal flakes all through the trans, so its shot. we are having to get it rebuilt...review continues.....

Its an OK van
By roy71 on 05/03/12 06:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wrote a review about a year ago when we first purchased our uplander at 78,000 miles...it now has just under 90,000 and some of my opinions of the van have changed...all in all its a nice van. In the past year we have had to change some sensor by the gas tank which required the mechanics to drop the entire gas tank. we also had to replace the rear brakes because they were down to the metal but the van never even gave us warning that they were so low. then we had to have the exhaust shield fixed because it rattled when we closed the doors. Also the front struts rattle constantly, the transmission acts wierd and doesnt always shift smooth even with new fluid, and now the engine is pinging.

Seems good!
By roy71 on 06/23/11 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought our Uplander today and it has 78,000 miles. We love how great the gas mileage is, averaging almost 19 mpg in a van is amazing!! It drives very smooth, i can feel the shift from 1st gear to second gear but its not bad. The fit and finish is excellent, i was surprized. The seats seem to stain easy. Everything works great in it, the a/c seems kind of under powered but not too bad. It rides very comfortably, its not mushy and not like a buckboard. I am hoping to get 150,000 miles out of it. The only thing that *bothers* me, if you could even call it a bother, is the rattling noises the interior makes, its not bad though. Over all i love it!! im am NOT a chevy fan..but GO CHEVY!!!

162K Miles and still going
By momtaxi3 on 06/21/11 17:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Van runs great but it has all kinds of little issues. I have to push the gas to start it; however, it does have 162K miles on it so I expect that. The turn signals and radio only work when they want to. My headlights dim on their own and the automatic sliding door gets stuck all the time...it sometimes dings constantly! It gets horrible gas mileage. The seats aren't very comfortable and stain easily. The rear windshield wiper doesn't work at all. With that being said - it runs great. There is nothing wrong with the engine...it just keeps going and going! I'm positive I will get at least 200K out of this vehicle.

Too Many Problems
By JesusisLord on 08/18/10 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has too many issues. We had to disconnect the electric side doors because the alarm would ding even when the doors were shut. Lights flicker and A/C goes down when you let off the gas pedal. Tires have to be replaced every year to year and 1/2 even with alignment and rotation done. Seats stain badly. Rotors warp frequently. ABS light comes on frequently. Gas sensor does not work properly. It says it is empty every time I fill up and the service engine light comes on until I travel around 100 miles or so and it starts working and the light goes off. Seats and dash are cracking. Radio doesn't work sometimes. I would not buy it again.

Decent Vehicle
By zippywafflehead on 07/31/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the van 5 years ago new. We have had problems with the auto sliding door, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You can disable this feature though and use it manually. The vehicle has been extremely reliable though. We have never had any major problems with it. We have replaced the tires and brakes, but then again, we have owned the car for 5 years. The kids have enjoyed the DVD player and we have gone on long trips in it with no problem. I do wish that the second row seats had arm rests to make the ride more comfortable. The material on the seats could be a little nicer as well for the price I paid. Other than that, no real interior room complaints.

100K and still going
By Peter T on 01/02/10 20:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just passed 100K in Dec. '09. Had a bad ABS sensor this last year and the goofy cup holder under the stereo console has been broken almost since the initial warranty ended. Sometimes you have to touch the starter several times to start it but my wife and I have heard the same sound as others attempted to start their GM cars when we walked by. For a low end auto we have been absolutely pleased. This was our first new car in 15 years of marriage and as we traveled from SC to FL to IL to AZ to CA we have been very glad the majority of problems have been as expected ( brakes, tires, etc. ).

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By John on 12/15/09 09:12 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Having driven Chevy’s my entire life, it’s safe to say I’ll never own another after this experience. I’m convinced that anyone who has anything positive to say regarding this vehicle must be a representative of GM. I have countless small complaints (doors not working properly, door panel coming off, dvd not working etc) but I’ll stick with the major issues. At 40,000, the engine blew because the timing belt sprocket came off the crank shaft - $6000. Last week the driveshaft literally fell out of the transmission - $1100. These problems are unheard of for a vehicle with less than 50,000 miles. Mind you, this vehicle is used primarily by my wife for trips to the grocery store, not offroading.

Door Frustration
By MomOf4 on 12/02/09 07:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this van when we purchased it. We had two kids and were expecting another so we needed a bigger vehicle. Now we have had it in the shop 6 times for the passenger sliding door not closing, door alarms going off while driving with the doors shut, and the horn starts blowing for no reason when it is just sitting in the parking lot til either the fuse or the horn itself shorts. I'm dealing with GM now cause the dealership wants to charge me $400 just to do diagnostics on a known problem with this model van. Hopefully they can help.