2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Door Frustration
By MomOf4 on 12/02/09 07:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this van when we purchased it. We had two kids and were expecting another so we needed a bigger vehicle. Now we have had it in the shop 6 times for the passenger sliding door not closing, door alarms going off while driving with the doors shut, and the horn starts blowing for no reason when it is just sitting in the parking lot til either the fuse or the horn itself shorts. I'm dealing with GM now cause the dealership wants to charge me $400 just to do diagnostics on a known problem with this model van. Hopefully they can help.

NEVER ANOTHER CHEVY
By NEVER AGAIN on 08/14/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have always owned a chevy, well sadly to say never again. I bought the 2005 Uplander, and at first it was a very nice van which I liked alot. Then in January I had to take it in for the first time, my engine was starting up hard. Fixed that problem. Then my headlights were dimming in and out as I was driving. My voltage regulator and alternator were deemed the problem. Then the next month I had my van in because my passenger side tirod was bad. ( I dont drive rough). Then on my display screen it would tell me to check my gas cap replaced. The auto passenger door opens on its own while drivin. In the shop now. I HATE CHEVY WORST VEHICLE EVER. Will now buy Ford or import.

Never, Never Again
By Jen on 07/18/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In 2005, I was expecting twins we already had a 5yr old so we need more room and we like the way the uplander looked..more like and suv than minivan. bought new because I didn't have time to have a vehicle in the shop. This must have been a lemon..just a few month after purchasing I had repeated problems with doors (huge inconvenience with twins)and they continue to be a huge problem. also had charging system worked on, still not right and numerous other problems during the first 6 mths of ownership...at that time we tried to get the dealership to replace this junk with something of equal value but they did nothing and GM didn't care when I emailed them and called them...they had their money

BEAUTIFUL MACHINE
By grny 5x on 06/13/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Van has performed very well during its 1st 41,000 miles. Everything in this loaded LT works well. Very few repairs after 1st visit - front stabilizer links replaced at 40k and sliding doors adjusted at 10k. Engine power is adequate, smooth, and reasonably quiet. Smooth quiet ride. Transmission shifts are smooth - up & down. Good gas mileage: 18 city & 25 highway at 75 mph. Original tires wear evenly, are well-balanced and should go 60k. Brake rotors and pads replaced at 20k. No shutter with 21k on ceramic pad replacements. 2nd row legroom is inadequate, seats lack armrests. Entry to 3rd row is an effort. Manual removal of 3rd row is old design - competitors' seats fold under.

wished i could get rid of it!!!
By mary furrow on 05/22/09 22:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Oh my! So so so many things wrong with it!Before warranty went out the dvd had to be replaced and the speakers not to long after that , ,then the sliding doors motor went out! Then transmission problems.... And brakes... And then my suspension went out on the back trunk opener!Dont have the list with me now at 55,000 abs light coming on ... And the side door does not open it comes open on and off... And I just keep it lock!We got it in 2006 we still owe 15,000.. Never again! I wanted to help amercian and but amer.. Van.. When this is paid off ! Its gone! Paint fading and parts out the van falling off.... Let me stop!

Worst minivan ever
By Chasm on 12/28/08 10:36 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third GM van I have owned. We have had numerous problems with the power doors failing - either not opening at all, or not staying closed and requiring a manual close. The brakes wear out very frequently, and the front end will not stay in alignment. It has now developed serious electrical problems - short circuits are blowing fuses, and the power door motor wants to stay on continuously. Luckily our lease is up, we are returning the vehicle and will not buy another GM car.

This van is a horrible waste of money
By Seashell on 12/27/08 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle in Feb 2005 for $29,000. We thought it had everything heated seats, power sliding doors, remote start, leather, etc. However the one thing it doesn't have is reliability. In the first 10,000 miles I had to replace the brakes and rotors twice, then the passenger side sliding door is broken, the glass on the passenger window fell into the door, the alternator needs to be replaced, it handles like absolute garbage. I am so upset that I am still making payments on this vehicle as well as making repairs.

A fantastic Value
By Bob Thomas on 12/14/08 12:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this vehicle, I was looking for a Buick. But I saw the Uplander just off the truck and I was impressed with the look and price! The Uplander ride is smooth like a quality car, not like a truck. I recently replaced tires and other than routein maintaince, I have had no issues. Lots of cargo room. Seven can ride very comfortably. Uplander is a great value, no doubt!

A winner
By pops on 11/28/08 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent minivan -- smooth ride, quiet, decent handling, adequate power, good economy, great styling inside & out. Not as great seat comfort, middle row legroom, antiquated 2nd and 3rd row seat movements.

Great Deal on a Great Van
By Scott on 10/25/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van after finally deciding a minivan was for us. We test drove them all and knew this was the right one for the pricing and options. We took it for its maiden voyage of 1000 miles of mountains and rain with no problems averaging 22 MPG. It's plenty powerful, handles well, looks nice, and is full of enough features to keep everyone happy. We test drove 3 Uplanders and one Terazza and all had a strange low speed clunking sound from the front end. Hope this is not a failure waiting to happen. Also, there are some minor rattles here and there but nothing overwhelming. Our key remote is slow to lock and unlock the door but hope its just the battery. Great experience and hope for more

1 2 3 4 5 next »