2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
162K Miles and still going
By momtaxi3 on 06/21/11 17:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Van runs great but it has all kinds of little issues. I have to push the gas to start it; however, it does have 162K miles on it so I expect that. The turn signals and radio only work when they want to. My headlights dim on their own and the automatic sliding door gets stuck all the time...it sometimes dings constantly! It gets horrible gas mileage. The seats aren't very comfortable and stain easily. The rear windshield wiper doesn't work at all. With that being said - it runs great. There is nothing wrong with the engine...it just keeps going and going! I'm positive I will get at least 200K out of this vehicle.

Too Many Problems
By JesusisLord on 08/18/10 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has too many issues. We had to disconnect the electric side doors because the alarm would ding even when the doors were shut. Lights flicker and A/C goes down when you let off the gas pedal. Tires have to be replaced every year to year and 1/2 even with alignment and rotation done. Seats stain badly. Rotors warp frequently. ABS light comes on frequently. Gas sensor does not work properly. It says it is empty every time I fill up and the service engine light comes on until I travel around 100 miles or so and it starts working and the light goes off. Seats and dash are cracking. Radio doesn't work sometimes. I would not buy it again.

Decent Vehicle
By zippywafflehead on 07/31/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the van 5 years ago new. We have had problems with the auto sliding door, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You can disable this feature though and use it manually. The vehicle has been extremely reliable though. We have never had any major problems with it. We have replaced the tires and brakes, but then again, we have owned the car for 5 years. The kids have enjoyed the DVD player and we have gone on long trips in it with no problem. I do wish that the second row seats had arm rests to make the ride more comfortable. The material on the seats could be a little nicer as well for the price I paid. Other than that, no real interior room complaints.

100K and still going
By Peter T on 01/02/10 20:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just passed 100K in Dec. '09. Had a bad ABS sensor this last year and the goofy cup holder under the stereo console has been broken almost since the initial warranty ended. Sometimes you have to touch the starter several times to start it but my wife and I have heard the same sound as others attempted to start their GM cars when we walked by. For a low end auto we have been absolutely pleased. This was our first new car in 15 years of marriage and as we traveled from SC to FL to IL to AZ to CA we have been very glad the majority of problems have been as expected ( brakes, tires, etc. ).

Think Twice!
By BetT on 10/02/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wish I would have looked more at the vehicle instead of the price. Headlights go from dim to bright on their own at night. ABS light comes on every time I drive it. Chevy mechanics say it's an electrical problem with the van, but my brake pedal goes all the way to the floor at times due to this ABS electrical problem. I have to push on the gas pedal to get the van started. Engine still stalls out some times. Power sliding door fails at times. Had to replace the back "hatch" door handle after it broke. Gas mileage is horrible, unless traveling interstate. Overall, I will never buy another Chevy/GM product. Completely unreliable.

Uplander - Would Never Choose Again
By Unhappy on 08/15/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Uplander new, it has been back 15 times in 4 years. Automatic Door being main problem, 10 times, they can't find anything wrong!!! Airbag problems, seat belt problems. Extremely frustrating and unsafe. Front Rotors replaced twice in 12 mths, common problem. Seats stain with water spillage. Hate this car and would never buy another Chevy again. Now working with GM to find solution for this piece of junk.

Rethink it...... Nothing But Problems
By @msn.com on 02/22/09 18:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was somewhat apprehensive to purchase the vehicle, because it looked cheap on the inside. I should of followed my gut. Nothing but problems. Stereo never worked had it serviced 3 or 4 times, something with the wiring, automatic doors worked when they wanted to, keyless entry was anything but keyless, tires bad, new ones every time you turn around. Back windshield wiper motor went out. Yes I bought this new. Would not recommend to anyone. Major lemon.

Not a great experience.
By Rawiri on 01/24/09 17:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this van in April 2005 and have been counting the days till April 2009 when it goes back. It has been mechanically reliable but we've had too many trips to the dealer for electrical, build quality and handling problems for us to call the van reliable. It constantly pulls to the right - wheel alignment doesn't help - and sways all over the road at highway speeds. My wife won't drive it, preferring our '97 F150! Cabin space and comfort is adequate although front storage is very limited as is the trunk area compared to other vans out there. We were seduced by the long list of features for the money compared to Honda and Toyota but next time will pay way more attention to quality.

Like it but hate the power sliding doors
By Fed Up on 09/08/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We are pretty much pleased with our 2005 Uplander ls except for the power sliding doors. They open when they want to and close when they want to. The power sliding door on the drivers side has had many problems of not closing and opening when it is supposed to so we had to unplug it so the alarm on it would stop going off. It's pretty hard to drive 30 miles with the alarm going off and still be in your right mind when you return home. Also we have a thumping noise under the hood and can't figure out what it is.

Reliable van
By earlpearl on 07/12/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have an 05 Uplander van and I have had only one problem. The passenger side sliding door not closing. The dealership replaced the power sliding door mechanism inside the door and I have never had another problem. I love this van. I get 18 miles to the gallon in the city. I have had no other problems with my van.

1 2 3 4 5 next »