2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
3rd update.
By roy71 on 10/29/12 14:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our 2005 Uplander for a year and a half now. Its been an ok van, but a couple problems have shown up..some small, others large. We had a problem with the transmission last year banging into gear when leaving a stop, we took it to the mechanic and they fixed a sensor that seemed to be the problem. The banging went away for a year then recently came back, so back to the mechanic we went, they cleaned out the sensor again and the problem went away...but this time for only a week, then back to slamming into gear. we took it to a transmission shop this time and they found metal flakes all through the trans, so its shot. we are having to get it rebuilt...review continues.....

Its an OK van
By roy71 on 05/03/12 06:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wrote a review about a year ago when we first purchased our uplander at 78,000 miles...it now has just under 90,000 and some of my opinions of the van have changed...all in all its a nice van. In the past year we have had to change some sensor by the gas tank which required the mechanics to drop the entire gas tank. we also had to replace the rear brakes because they were down to the metal but the van never even gave us warning that they were so low. then we had to have the exhaust shield fixed because it rattled when we closed the doors. Also the front struts rattle constantly, the transmission acts wierd and doesnt always shift smooth even with new fluid, and now the engine is pinging.

Seems good!
By roy71 on 06/23/11 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought our Uplander today and it has 78,000 miles. We love how great the gas mileage is, averaging almost 19 mpg in a van is amazing!! It drives very smooth, i can feel the shift from 1st gear to second gear but its not bad. The fit and finish is excellent, i was surprized. The seats seem to stain easy. Everything works great in it, the a/c seems kind of under powered but not too bad. It rides very comfortably, its not mushy and not like a buckboard. I am hoping to get 150,000 miles out of it. The only thing that *bothers* me, if you could even call it a bother, is the rattling noises the interior makes, its not bad though. Over all i love it!! im am NOT a chevy fan..but GO CHEVY!!!

ABS Brakes / car fax reports
By rutter on 01/13/09 22:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my used '05 Uplander for less then a month. And here are the problems I've had. 1- ABS bad sensor? Light comes on when I'm going in reverse and step on the braks. Plus, I swear it sounds like grinding metal when the ABS kicks in. 2-front rotors warped? Wow, I'm going to get a copy of the CARFAX report. The car only had 32,000 miles on it when I got it. So I'm hoping to make this car last. My last car a Saturn VUE died just like my friends did at 159000. cracked head gasket and blown piston. I've read alot or reviews, and I'm hoping for the better side of them all. The one thing I miss is getting over 25 MPG with my Saturn, with all the driving I do.

A comfortable vehicle
By arnold hilde on 03/05/07 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle during the summer. The A/C worked very well, we enjoyed driving it a lot. We were disappointed in the traction and handling in the snow of northern Minnesota.

Safety issues
By safty issues on 01/25/06 22:31 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I got in to drive because I am 4'9" tall I can't reach the gas pedal, and when my husband drove it he had a lot of blind spots because the driver seat doesn't go down and his vision is obstructed, by the roof. He even had to duck to see the traffic lights. We didn't realize it didn't have a power seat. The sliding doors slide shut without warning. I've been hit with the door and my 4 year old almost got her head caught in the door. The kids fall over at every turn because there are no arm rests so they hang by the seat belts. Drive thru cups fly out of front cup holders going around turns. Was in a really bad accident the OnStar didn't come on and the air bags didn't deploy.

Disappointed with Chevy
By myuplander on 07/01/05 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The door locks on the Uplander are programmed to open when you shift into park. Chevy claims this is a safety feature and cannot be changed. Any mother with children will know that this is in no way a safety feature. It is ridiculous to suggest that doors unlocking are for my personal safety or for that of my children. Women with children are the primary users of minivans, and we need time to gather our children and belongings when we stop. We hope to do it in a safely locked car. Women with young children will worry that both doors will open at the same time letting their children free, to go in both directions.