Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Cargo Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Poor Minivan choice
By G

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Cargo Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

05 Venture 106,000 miles. I've owned minivans for the last 14 years and this is by far the worst in many aspects. I start with the poor suspension design. It requires lots of maintenance, constantly replacing sway bar components, ball joints, shocks, rear spring actually broke during driving. And it still doesn't drive as comfortable or responsive as my 2003 Chrysler town and country. The transmission is always in need of attention. Work done to trans as follows. Servo bores, solenoid, fluid, filter,magnet in pan, you name it, its been done.
Engine is poorly designed. Spark plug wires arc of engine due to, who knows, dealer doesn't. Bad ground, poor design. Causes lack of power when you really need it. Merging on freeway etc. The interior is falling apart. Door handle cover constantly pops off. It is the glove box now. Door closes and it rattles everything inside the door. Ceiling vents fall on passengers heads as we hit any kind of bumbThe interior rattles from many different sources. Dash is cracked. Leather vinyl seats rub on lower seat trim cover and makes all kinds of funny noices. The rear park sensors stopped working years ago. Key fobs are glitchy for lock and unlock. If the MAF sensor or IAC isn't in tip top shape car won't start. Won't throw an engine code either, so if your not aware of this problem. Get ready to start throwing money and parts at it.
Too bad because I replaced my 2004 Chevy venture after it was totaled with 180,000. I drive to Disney world every year and for the past 4 years I haven't trusted this thing and take my 03 Chrysler Van that has about 150,000 over this thing. It rides way better as well. Just not as good looking in my opinion.

Cool mommie van!
By Nancy

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Cargo Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2005 van used when it was about 3 yrs old with less than 50,000 miles. It is now 5 yrs later and I absolutely love this van! It doesn't look like a mommie van, something like a van/suburban look. I've only had to have regular maintenance repairs done-shocks, brakes, tires, etc. I only recently had to have the oil pan replaced; which is expensive because the whole engine has to be dropped. Handling is great, separate A/C controls for front and back, jacks for electronics and built in car seat for little ones. The acceleration is awesome, I didn't have to turn off the A/C to pass someone on highway. The gas mileage is also good. We have taken it on several longs trips-Black Hills, California, Idaho and Kansas. Kids loved the DVD player to pass the time [So nice not hearing "are we there yet?" the whole trip]. Never gave us a bit of trouble! My only complaints - other than the engine being squeezed in - are the seats are cheap and cracking.