Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Uplander

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

100,000MI and no issues.
By dderbowka

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle at an auction, no problems what so ever. Starts in any weather without issue. The vehicle is mainly highway driven, do notice however when driving at night the lights flicker but it does not affect the performance of the vehicle in any way. The van is easy to maintenance, Also has good power for towing for the 3.5L engine size. Seats are comfortable - At least the ones with armrests which they should have mandatory in all vehicles. I feel that the van will go into the 200,000 MI range from what I have been hearing from others.

Favorite Features

Remote start, towing capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box hinges - Broke in the mothers Montana SV6.

Door Frustration
By MomOf4

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this van when we purchased it. We had two kids and were expecting another so we needed a bigger vehicle. Now we have had it in the shop 6 times for the passenger sliding door not closing, door alarms going off while driving with the doors shut, and the horn starts blowing for no reason when it is just sitting in the parking lot til either the fuse or the horn itself shorts. I'm dealing with GM now cause the dealership wants to charge me $400 just to do diagnostics on a known problem with this model van. Hopefully they can help.

Favorite Features

My kids love the DVD player and I love the 6 disk CD changer and the look of the van itself.

Suggested Improvements

Make a recall on the door situation since it is a known issue instead of making the consumers spend hundreds of dollars, and not to mention the time wasted in having it in the shop, to get it fixed.

NEVER ANOTHER CHEVY
By NEVER AGAIN

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have always owned a chevy, well sadly to say never again. I bought the 2005 Uplander, and at first it was a very nice van which I liked alot. Then in January I had to take it in for the first time, my engine was starting up hard. Fixed that problem. Then my headlights were dimming in and out as I was driving. My voltage regulator and alternator were deemed the problem. Then the next month I had my van in because my passenger side tirod was bad. ( I dont drive rough). Then on my display screen it would tell me to check my gas cap replaced. The auto passenger door opens on its own while drivin. In the shop now. I HATE CHEVY WORST VEHICLE EVER. Will now buy Ford or import.

Favorite Features

DVD

Suggested Improvements

MECHANICAL ISSUES TOO MANY TO LIST

Never, Never Again
By Jen

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In 2005, I was expecting twins we already had a 5yr old so we need more room and we like the way the uplander looked..more like and suv than minivan. bought new because I didn't have time to have a vehicle in the shop. This must have been a lemon..just a few month after purchasing I had repeated problems with doors (huge inconvenience with twins)and they continue to be a huge problem. also had charging system worked on, still not right and numerous other problems during the first 6 mths of ownership...at that time we tried to get the dealership to replace this junk with something of equal value but they did nothing and GM didn't care when I emailed them and called them...they had their money

Favorite Features

the idea of a minivan not looking like and minivan... the only thing GM got right about this vehicle

BEAUTIFUL MACHINE
By grny 5x

2005 Chevrolet Uplander LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Van has performed very well during its 1st 41,000 miles. Everything in this loaded LT works well. Very few repairs after 1st visit - front stabilizer links replaced at 40k and sliding doors adjusted at 10k. Engine power is adequate, smooth, and reasonably quiet. Smooth quiet ride. Transmission shifts are smooth - up & down. Good gas mileage: 18 city & 25 highway at 75 mph. Original tires wear evenly, are well-balanced and should go 60k. Brake rotors and pads replaced at 20k. No shutter with 21k on ceramic pad replacements. 2nd row legroom is inadequate, seats lack armrests. Entry to 3rd row is an effort. Manual removal of 3rd row is old design - competitors' seats fold under.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and interior styling beats competition. Very reliable and economical family van. Enjoyable to drive and ride.

Suggested Improvements

2nd and 3rd row seats are old- fashioned -- surely the worst part of the van. GM spent no money on upgrading these from previous model. I think the market recognized this and moved on to other modern makes. It killed the car.