2012 Traverse 30-Day Review
By nurseratched on
2012 Chevrolet Traverse LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
This is my daily commuter from the mountains to the city. The Traverse is exceptionally comfortable to drive and handles the steep and curvy mountain roads with ease. Plenty of passing power and, despite some of the other complaints, I think the visibility to the side and rear is fine. I've never been in a quieter car...little to no road or wind noise. Everything is within easy reach and the interior is cavernous! Even though there is seating for 8 I don't use the 3rd row. The rear is strictly used for cargo and comes in handy with monthly trips to Costco! I looked at several other models and decided the Traverse topped them all.
Favorite Features
Comfortable driving position. Extremely comfortable as a passenger. Also...did I mention how quiet it is? The ONLY noise you hear from this car is a slight engine hum under acceleration. Listening to the Sirius radio is a true pleasure. Another favorite feature is knowing the Traverse rates very high on the "Made in America" list (about 75% content made in the USA). That was important to me.
Suggested Improvements
I bought the 1LT model. Overall I'm completely satisfied with this trim level. However, how hard would it be to include a USB port or two as a standard feature? A small complaint for sure.