2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
2012 Traverse STAY AWAY
By chevy2ford on 03/27/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I’ve had 4 Chevy vehicles. All good experiences, until I bought the 2012 traverse for my wife and kids. It’s been problematic since day one. Problems include vibration noises from the exhaust (it took 3 tries to fix that), front speaker works sometimes (not fixed yet), air bag light comes on often (6 attempts, still not fixed), it’s had motor mounts replaced… etc. Tried to get some help from GM to get trade-in assistance to by another new chevy traverse, they offered ZERO dollars. Asked for to extend the warenty as it will expire at 36000 miles and I have 30,000… they said no to that too. Asked for a loaner while it in the shop… no to that too, only if it stays over night.

2012 Traverse
By jla1466 on 08/07/13 13:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I am very pleased with the purchase of this vehicle. However, there are a couple of things that I have found perplexing to say the least. First, the check engine light continues to come on at various times. It does not stay on continuously, but will remain on for a day or so then not come on at all for a day or more. The Chev service department keeps telling me it must be the gas cap since nothing else is showing up when they run the diagnostics. Another issue has been the power steering, which becomes difficult when making the initial turn after backing up. Again, Chev maintenance has been unable to determine why this is happening and attempts to fix have been unsuccessful.

After One-Year, Very Happy w/Purchase
By murdoughnut on 04/01/13 09:36 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Good: Space (lots of it). Have fit five adults, two infants in car seats, a dog and a stroller in the car before. Cargo area is plenty big, even with the third row up; While heavy on acceleration, actually turns quite nimbly for its size; Comfortable ride in every seat - third row can accommodate a small adult for normal trips, and a larger male for short trips. Bad: Gas mileage (~17), cargo door not very wide/tall Overall: Would definitely buy again; this car fit my exact needs for something safe for my infant twin sons, large enough to carry their stuff, but stylish enough for a 32-year old man who refused to own/drive a minivan. Gas mileage sucks, but didn't buy for that.

2 weeks of enjoyment
By jamieandbri on 02/01/13 00:24 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased This vehicle 2 weeks ago. Purchased the base model for about 25,500 not including taxes. Overall our family enjoys it, quite comfortable ride. We had 2 snow storms and it performed very well. Inside is very roomy. I would give this vehicle all 5's if it lasts. The only low point is the gas mileage at this point averaging 17mpg with mostly city driving. Only one complaint is that the vehicle did not come with a spare tire. Dealer wanted 850 dollars extra for it. Save yourself money and call some salvage yards. I picked up all the parts for under 250.

2012 Traverse LTZ AWD
By jimmymacd29 on 08/08/12 21:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have not owned this car a long time, but the time I have had with has been a very enjoyable experience. I also own a 2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500 LTZ and swap off between the two. The Traverse model I have is loaded, so that also adds to the enjoyment. This is not a brag but a reason why I might enjoy it more than a base stock model. It came with 20 inch wheels, so it may also ride different than one with smaller tires.

Great Vehicle
By gusgt on 07/28/12 10:19 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

13 weeks 5650 miles and counting. 21.2 mpg. Very Happy with vehicle. Only bad thing is 2nd row seats need a redesign for seatbelts. maybe a little wider seats. 7 passenger model.

2012 Traverse 30-Day Review
By nurseratched on 07/08/12 05:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my daily commuter from the mountains to the city. The Traverse is exceptionally comfortable to drive and handles the steep and curvy mountain roads with ease. Plenty of passing power and, despite some of the other complaints, I think the visibility to the side and rear is fine. I've never been in a quieter car...little to no road or wind noise. Everything is within easy reach and the interior is cavernous! Even though there is seating for 8 I don't use the 3rd row. The rear is strictly used for cargo and comes in handy with monthly trips to Costco! I looked at several other models and decided the Traverse topped them all.

Just Bought it Yester"night"
By americanmade2 on 06/29/12 07:03 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We got back from the dealership last night with our new Traverse... lets say its a heap of alot better than our old 06' Durango! the interior quality is fantastic. Only good things to say about this amazing ride :)

Affordable, Capable and Comfortable
By learhopper on 01/14/12 14:43 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Began vehicle search for an eight seat SUV with the Tahoe, but after seeing the lack of cargo room behind the third row seats, and the clunky removal of 3rd row seats (instead of folding down into the car floorboard) we ruled it out. The Traverse offered a surprising amount of room and a more affordable price. We were impressed with the Buick Enclave, but couldn't find one equipped like we wanted in our region and the price was more than the Traverse for a comparable cloth model. Drove the Honda Pilot and was very disappointed with road and wind noise - felt plastic/boxy. Liked the Nissan Armada, but too pricey. Elected to go for the Traverse 1LT with the All Star Package and AWD.

First month in SUV
By bigbro422 on 11/29/11 09:53 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first review and first SUV, The new Chevy Traverse is great, it is a family friendly and works for me being a disable driver. The lift gate is easy to use, cargo area great for my wheelchair. My children are growing so the adjustable seating on the second row is wonderful.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$139 per month*