2012 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
2012 Traverse STAY AWAY
By chevy2ford on 03/27/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I’ve had 4 Chevy vehicles. All good experiences, until I bought the 2012 traverse for my wife and kids. It’s been problematic since day one. Problems include vibration noises from the exhaust (it took 3 tries to fix that), front speaker works sometimes (not fixed yet), air bag light comes on often (6 attempts, still not fixed), it’s had motor mounts replaced… etc. Tried to get some help from GM to get trade-in assistance to by another new chevy traverse, they offered ZERO dollars. Asked for to extend the warenty as it will expire at 36000 miles and I have 30,000… they said no to that too. Asked for a loaner while it in the shop… no to that too, only if it stays over night.

2 weeks of enjoyment
By jamieandbri on 02/01/13 00:24 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased This vehicle 2 weeks ago. Purchased the base model for about 25,500 not including taxes. Overall our family enjoys it, quite comfortable ride. We had 2 snow storms and it performed very well. Inside is very roomy. I would give this vehicle all 5's if it lasts. The only low point is the gas mileage at this point averaging 17mpg with mostly city driving. Only one complaint is that the vehicle did not come with a spare tire. Dealer wanted 850 dollars extra for it. Save yourself money and call some salvage yards. I picked up all the parts for under 250.

First month in SUV
By bigbro422 on 11/29/11 09:53 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first review and first SUV, The new Chevy Traverse is great, it is a family friendly and works for me being a disable driver. The lift gate is easy to use, cargo area great for my wheelchair. My children are growing so the adjustable seating on the second row is wonderful.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse in VA is:

$139 per month*