2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Review: Seat belt trouble

2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Review

LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Seat belt trouble
By cmca on

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Has anyone else had problems with the seat belt in the middle row breaking. After only 63,000 miles on my 2009 traverse, the seat belt broke. Chevy won't fix cause it is out of warranty. what kind of seat belt breaks with only 63,000 miles on a car. Glad I was not in a wreck!!!
By sailor1
on 07/21/11 20:13 PM (PDT)

Recommend reporting the Broken Seat Belt Problem to the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. They have a location on their website to report Safety concerns for vehicles.

By peteykatblue
on 10/17/11 04:24 AM (PDT)

There is a recall for that. Mine broke at 5000 miles. front seatbelts have been replaced 4 times also. Tightens firmly around driver - dangerous

By f_m_g
on 06/20/12 01:09 AM (PDT)

this car is sooo baaad

By larrcom10
on 01/28/12 17:53 PM (PST)

I think your mistaken. Any dealer any car with a seatbelt issue will be fixed free of charge. I had a pilot and for some reason the seatbelt flipped over in the cradle impossible to happen still worked I tried to flip it over no way. Dealer said they unbolted it and reran it throught the harness because it was impossile that it fliped in the first place and impossile to correct without rerunning it. Anyway it was free and any seatbelt issue is free for the life of vehicle as it is a liabilty. By the way pilot was out of warranty as well.........Raise hellllllllllllllllllllll