2011 Chevrolet Traverse 3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great car but for the

2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Review

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car but for the Noxious Fumes that enter when stopping
By sailor1 on

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle. Very Comfortable. Mileage well its so so. 15 city and 19 Hwy (OK 20 going downhill on a long mountain highway). Nice amenities. Like it a heck of a lot better than my Honda Pilot that it replaced. Now for the negative. For some strange reason that the dealer can't figure out, when the AC is on Fresh Air coming in, and you come to a stop, you get noxious Sulfer like, or propane like smells coming into the passenger compartment. Doesn't happen when AC is on Recirculate. I've seen similar complaints on the Chevrolet Traverse Forum.

Favorite Features

Comfy seats, great ride (wow) Thought I wanted a GMC Acadia. That rode like a Truck. This Travers has a comfy sedan ride (So much better than my prior Honda Pilot). I"m 6'5" and fit wonderfully!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the Noxious Fumes problem. Wrinkles my nose, hurts my lungs and smarts my eyes. The 3.6 engine seems underpowered, trans constantly downshifting on slightest upgrade. I sure hope Chevrolet doesn't pull a "Toyota" on the Noxious Fume problem....