Auto Transmission a potential death trap
By plumbobby0 on
2011 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I have been subjected to a unexpected scare in my Traverse and wonder if anyone had the same fate. On accelerating to overtake there was a multiple shift of the gears (at least 2 back) which caused the motor to hesitate and put me in a precarious position of slowing down instead of speeding up to pass other vehicles. I have possessed a Cadillac SRX 2011 that had the same problem so I assume the the problem is in the transmission as both vehicles have the 6 speed auto tranny. I would be interested in hearing from other owners with same or similar problem
Favorite Features
The LTZ is very well equiped with all the toys and is a pleasure to drive, just don't speed up to pass too hard or else!!!!
Suggested Improvements
A review of the transmission system to rectify the downward "jumping" of gears when passing. I can perform this task at will to prove the problem exists.
By bigladyfish
on 08/12/12 17:20 PM (PDT)

I have been experiencing the same transmission problems myself recently. I have a 2011 Traverse, it will be a year old mid September. I have had 4 incidents now wothing the last 3 months when on the highway. Twice when going about 70mph and give it more gas to pass another vehicle and my car revs super high and doesn't move. It's really scary. Another time coming out of a toll booth going about 30mph and I gave it gas hoping to pass an 18 wheeler and my car reved again and didn't move. OMG...I thought I was going to get hit by that truck. Last time going 50mph and gave it more gas and same thing. It feels like it slipped into neutral and everytime I have to ease of the gas pedal, wait a second and then accelerate again. I've brought it into the dealership and of course there's nothing wrong with it and it's my fault because I don't drive it correctly (they actually had the nerve to say they believe I drive full throttle). They lied about the tests they did. Said they would drive it on the highway and try to simulate the same occurances and didn't even run any scans on it. I received the invoice and questioned all there stupid notes and knew they lied about it. They are pretty good actors until you call them out on a lie - they choke..ha ha! I have read other complaints about this exact problem with this model and year. I am trying desperately to find a solution to this problem but nothing yet. Am I safe to say you haven't had it fixed since you put it up for sale? It is a very scary problem indeed. I drive like a little old lady in the slow lane always anticipating it now.

By noway2day
on 12/01/11 10:04 AM (PST)

On the 20 mile trip home from the dealership after just purchasing my new 2011 Traverse, I was driving on a super highway. I put on my signal to move over one lane. The trucker behind me in that lane slowed down and flashed his lights for me to come over. When I attempted to accelerate as I moved into the next lane the motor hesitated and I felt for a second the car was stopping and was terrified that I would be rammed by the eighteen wheeler. After frantically pressing the accelerator pedal the car began to pick up speed. The car salesman said that they had no problems with this issue and I just needed to learn the new car. The car now has 3000 miles and this same thing has occured at least four other times, each time when attempting to accelerate to pass or lane change. I am a woman afraid of the car that I have just paid over $30k for.