Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Just OK
By ripriley

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointed with the MPG.
We get 17 MPG combined.
Quality is very good.
Utility is not as good as our minivan was.

Do not like my new Traverse
By ldewar

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 3 GM mini vans before this vehicle and loved each of them. I wanted to buy another mini van, but GM stopped makeing them. I reluctantly bought this vehicle as it has only a few inches shorter wheelbase. I do not like the look of the exterior, the console takes up a lot of space--no longer can the passenger get up and move to the back while traveling. I find the seat design very uncomfortable and my back is in pain constantly and it rides a lot rougher than my mini vans did. The interior is smaller, etc. I do not like the large wheels and I get lousy gas mileage (19 mpg Hwy). My mini vans would get up to 26 mpg. Wish I hadn't bought it! It is peppy on the highway.

Don't think I have any favorite features!

Get rid of the console, make it larger and higher. More comfortable seats would be nice and smaller wheels. I want to sit up higher and I want better gas mileage!

Built for safety!
By keripatterson

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were involved in an accident. The other car was totaled and very little damage to my right front bumper area. My vehicle drives like a dream, performs fantastically, and is built like a tank for safety. The front end folded like it should have for optimal protection and safety. I love this car and it is so worth the money we paid for it.

Hands-free calling, OnStar, and Sirius Radio.

I am not the biggest fan of the way the middle seats fold forward. I wish we would have gotten electric seats.

Not as good as everyone says it is...Lacks Reliability
By faith7430

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have less than 5000 miles in less than 3 months and the car has been into the shop at least 10 times already. The actuator motor was replaced in under 1000 miles, the entire computer went out in less than 2000 miles, which left me stranded in the middle of the night away from home, and there has continued to be one thing after another going wrong with this vehicle.
Too bad GM won't stand behind their vehicles cause all I have gotten from them is the run around and a "maintenance package".
I just want a reliable vehicle and I didn't think that was too much to ask for when I purchased it.

The storage behind all of the seats. The exterior look is awesome!

Reliability Dependability Peace of Mind

Great car but for the Noxious Fumes that enter when stopping
By sailor1

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle.
Very Comfortable.
Mileage well its so so.
15 city and 19 Hwy (OK 20 going downhill on a long mountain highway).
Nice amenities.
Like it a heck of a lot better than my Honda Pilot that it replaced.
Now for the negative.
For some strange reason that the dealer can't figure out, when the AC is on Fresh Air coming in, and you come to a stop, you get noxious Sulfer like, or propane like smells coming into the passenger compartment.
Doesn't happen when AC is on Recirculate.
I've seen similar complaints on the Chevrolet Traverse Forum.

Comfy seats, great ride (wow) Thought I wanted a GMC Acadia. That rode like a Truck. This Travers has a comfy sedan ride (So much better than my prior Honda Pilot). I"m 6'5" and fit wonderfully!

Fix the Noxious Fumes problem. Wrinkles my nose, hurts my lungs and smarts my eyes. The 3.6 engine seems underpowered, trans constantly downshifting on slightest upgrade. I sure hope Chevrolet doesn't pull a "Toyota" on the Noxious Fume problem....