Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Built for safety!
By keripatterson

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were involved in an accident. The other car was totaled and very little damage to my right front bumper area. My vehicle drives like a dream, performs fantastically, and is built like a tank for safety. The front end folded like it should have for optimal protection and safety. I love this car and it is so worth the money we paid for it.

Favorite Features

Hands-free calling, OnStar, and Sirius Radio.

Suggested Improvements

I am not the biggest fan of the way the middle seats fold forward. I wish we would have gotten electric seats.

Not as good as everyone says it is...Lacks Reliability
By faith7430

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have less than 5000 miles in less than 3 months and the car has been into the shop at least 10 times already. The actuator motor was replaced in under 1000 miles, the entire computer went out in less than 2000 miles, which left me stranded in the middle of the night away from home, and there has continued to be one thing after another going wrong with this vehicle. Too bad GM won't stand behind their vehicles cause all I have gotten from them is the run around and a "maintenance package". I just want a reliable vehicle and I didn't think that was too much to ask for when I purchased it.

Favorite Features

The storage behind all of the seats. The exterior look is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Reliability Dependability Peace of Mind

Great car but for the Noxious Fumes that enter when stopping
By sailor1

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle. Very Comfortable. Mileage well its so so. 15 city and 19 Hwy (OK 20 going downhill on a long mountain highway). Nice amenities. Like it a heck of a lot better than my Honda Pilot that it replaced. Now for the negative. For some strange reason that the dealer can't figure out, when the AC is on Fresh Air coming in, and you come to a stop, you get noxious Sulfer like, or propane like smells coming into the passenger compartment. Doesn't happen when AC is on Recirculate. I've seen similar complaints on the Chevrolet Traverse Forum.

Favorite Features

Comfy seats, great ride (wow) Thought I wanted a GMC Acadia. That rode like a Truck. This Travers has a comfy sedan ride (So much better than my prior Honda Pilot). I"m 6'5" and fit wonderfully!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the Noxious Fumes problem. Wrinkles my nose, hurts my lungs and smarts my eyes. The 3.6 engine seems underpowered, trans constantly downshifting on slightest upgrade. I sure hope Chevrolet doesn't pull a "Toyota" on the Noxious Fume problem....

BEST CROSSOVER
By gmrocks256

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

very smooth ride, quiet tried many others like ford, Toyota and nothing was compared to the value i was receiving from the traverse

Favorite Features

backup camera, Onstar, Mobile App for Andriod phone

Suggested Improvements

maybe fuel economy even tho i get 17.8mpg average city highway is about 24.6. blind spot alert system thats about it very nice car

Great Bang for the Buck
By muthagoose

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 2004 Saturn VUE AWD to make room for 3rd carseat and needed 3rd row. Also test drove Acadia,Enclave,Explorer,Pilot, and Highlander. Narrowed our choice between Highlander and Traverse. Both had very good ride and comfort, but Traverse won out primarily on room behind 3rd row (could not fit golf bag or stroller in Highlander if 3rd row up). Insisted on 2nd row captain's chairs for easier access to 3rd row (Pilot does not have this option). Would recommend captain's chairs if you plan on puting carseats in 2nd row, otherwise access to third row difficult. Almost have 1K miles on it and love it. Great get up & go when I need to pass someone. Very Happy so far.

Favorite Features

AWD, 2nd row captain's chairs, most room behind 3rd row in class. (chatted online with Chevy representative and he stated the Traverse actually has a few more cubic feet cargo room than Tahoe!) My traverse has the "Allstar Package" which included blutooth, remote start, 20in rims (like LTZ) and side steps.

Suggested Improvements

Only complaint is gas mileage. Online GM representative states they get their MPG numbers from EPA, but they must have tested a 4 cylinder FWD model. Average in the 16-18mpg range which is not terrible, but hoped for at least low 20s. Other than MPG, love the Traverse. Very Versatile: actual adults can ride in 3rd row, 2nd and 3rd rows fold flat, great ride and pickup. My 4yr old thinks it is "really cool"!