2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
surprised
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

have a LT1 awd with the red pearl package. Comfortable ride, though can be a bit too firm if you have 20 inch wheels. Spacious, well thought out layout by GM on this one. Like the ability to lay 2 and 3 rows completely flat. Rear DVD was a surprise...great picture quality. Bose audio is very sharp and concert like. Gas mileage is expectedly not as great as a full size car. I get about 20 miles on average. The six speed transmission is good, though hesitant at times and tends to stay in the higher gears longer than it should, but great at relatively brisk starts. Overall, a serious contender for the import crossover market.

Great For an expanding family
By Junior on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I found out I was going too have another child, I needed to upgrade my ride. After 2 months of research, the Traverse won. (I went through all of makes/models from BMW to Cadillac.) I bought the 2LT with dual sunroof/dvd/nav combo. I love the ride and the feel of the truck. My family loves the roominess of the interior. After driving it a month, the fuel economy is lower than advertised BUT thats the only negative thing I have to say about the truck. You will love this Chevy.

It's great but ...
By Heather on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new Traverse, it snowed the day I bought it so I got to test it out right away and so far no slipping on the ice. My only complaint is that when I come to a stop the cabin fills up with very strong fumes that smell exactly like natural gas, I read about this in the older model reviews, so I will have to go back and research any solutions. This happens 100% of the time, so it's not like I was in an area of town that had a gas leak or anything. Otherwise I love this car, the storage is awesome and it handles really well. It's just as easy to drive as my Ford Escape and I do a lot of tight parking lots and u turns in my line of work.

Wowee Zowee Batman!
By richinnj on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When was the last time you had a smile on your face... simply from driving a new vehicle? This is the one that will put it there! I am a week in; owned many many vehicles, and none as crisp, comfortable and 'right' for our family as this one. I think GM got this one right because I can tell you that my neighbors have asked to check it out - something they've never done prior. It feels as big as a Tahoe, but drives like an equinox. The acceleration is fantastic, the gas needle hasn't moved in a week of commuting and my back doesn't hurt because of poor seat ergonomics. The kids look lost in the back - they are having a blast. I would even recommend to Adam West.

2011 Chevrolet Traverse, Super SUV!
By Robert Hudson, Jr on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several SUVs in the past from different manufacturers foreign and domestic, and my New 2011 Chevy Traverse 1LT AWD is the best SUV/Crossover I have ever owned. This vehicle accelerates very well from a dead start, to passing slower vehicles in highway traffic easily. The interior space and ride are exceptional. The driving, cornering, and overall handling in this vehicle. The instrumentation is situated very nicely. The Bluetooth, OnStar, and automatic starting features make this vehicle the perfect fit for our needs. Great for tailgating too!

The Best For My Best
By Huggy Bear on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The is the best vehicle out there for my family. I have three girls with one on the way so I really needed a bigger vehicle from the large size sedan we had. The front grille, which looks really nice, made me want to look into this vehicle. When I went in for a test drive, I immediately loved the smooth drive for a large size crossover. There are plenty of settings to personalize for any driver. The cup holders, which is very important, can hold firm almost any size containers. The vented and heated leather seats are awesome. Navigation is easy to use. The dual sunroof was a great selling point. We also got the dual DVD system so the girls can watch two different things. Plenty of storage.

Kid hauler
By Happy on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A great buy so far. 3rd. row seat has helped with the kids tremendously. Will be towing a 3500 lb. camper come next spring and looking to see how it performs. Lots of room, quiet, drives nice. Best pricing out of 4 lambda platforms and get a lot for your money even in ls trim, which i purchased. Awd drive feels great on wet roads, no snow yet.

Needed room
By bowtie guy on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 05 malibu maxx for awd traverse ls. Best move ever with growing family and needed a tow vehicle for our pop up camper. Lots of room, especially 3rd. row to cart kids to and from school. Have not found anything I do not like so far. Awd great in rain, have not had snow yet but looking forward to it. Great vehicle so far.

Love this new car
By Roger on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a perfect car. The back window is a little hard to see out of while backing but the rear view mirror camera helps with this. I feel safe and sound with the On-Star. XM radio is a blast. and the kids love the DVD. Best thing about the car is the room of a mini van without the look of one. Plenty of power also and have not towed yet nice to have the package. and for its size the MPG is not bad.

Great Vehicle for the money.
By Lunar on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a LT1 and added the rear view camera feature because the visibility through the rear window is minimal. The ride is firm and quiet and the 6 speed transmit ion makes it smooth and very peppy. Used to drive a minivan, we found that the cargo space is limited but adequate for our needs, when we test drove them, we found that the 4 wheel drive version felt a little heavy on takeoff, so we choose the FWD with traction control. We love the looks and body stile and the interior is quite luxurious for the price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$125 per month*