Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Look elsewhere....
By mislcat

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchase our Traverse with several upgrades including captain chairs in the rear, DVD, 20" wheels, nice looking Diamond White paint, in addition to other things. New, this vehicle was great, quiet, comfortable to ride in. Then the problems....The car quit on my wife twice while on the highway. It went into a reduced power mode and had to be towed. The first time, we paid for repairs at the dealer. The second time, they told us it was a warranty item and replaced something in the intake/fuel system. Then the water pump went out (another warranty item). Then three more recall items. Now the air conditioner has gone out! Several law firms are now contacting us regarding lemon laws.

Ride is good. Quiet cabin on long trips. Good on power, especially when passing or accelerating out of a jam.

Need to improve gas mileage tremendously!! Gas mileage is far negative from what is advertised. My wife is only getting about 11.3 in town and no more than 19 on the highway

Good for the family of 5
By tabithaj

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine since June, I bought it used with 33k miles on it.
Its been amazing, we replaced our Chevy Equinox for the 3rd row and I have to say that I am really happy with it.
No problems other than the dealer not fixing the breaks before the car was given to me like they said but I got it from AutoNation so I just took it to another dealer and they did it for free...
I think they could have added a few more perks for the car, made the cup holders about an inch back from the AC plug and maybe put a few extra ones in the 2nd and third row but overall its a great car!!!!

The ride is very smooth for the size of the car. Quiet and has nice room for each passenger.

Like I said moving that cup holder in the front back a few inches so you can have cups in the holders and charge the cell phone, adding more AC plugs for the back seats, its an SUV so rubber matts would have been better than carpet, and add a light in the cubby hole in between the front seats.

Cheaply assembled, Money Pit.
By nathanrobert

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought in July of 2010.
We're at 50K miles now.
Problems we've had that aren't normal wear-and-tear include:

Interior and exterior parts snapping out of place too easily.

"Service Stabilitrak" malfunction.
Car stalls and reduces engine power unexpectly,
Has happened numerous times even after being serviced.
Very frustating issue.

Cracked engine mount.

Bearing failure with the steering column.

AC non-funcitioning two springs in a row.

Gas mileage has been unwhelming, that's was expected as we do mostly city driving.

Car is decent when things are working, but overall, it's just bee a money pit with too many headaches for what was a brand new car when we purchased.

Car came with Onstar, which we have found helpful, though it is something we chose to continue to keep after the 1-year. Satellite Radio was a nice perk which we chose to keep after the 6-months.

Fix the Stabilitrak / throttle issue. Or get rid of the technology altogether and stick with offering AWD. This is a serious safety concern on highways, as the issue happens suddenly with no warning and stalls the car engine in the middle of driving. For the interior body of the car, cheap plastic snap-on parts do not belong on a vehicle that you expect to charge $30,000+ for. If you're going to assemble the car cheaply, then lower the price.

2011 traverse
By marv17

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had for 8 months and put 20K miles in it. When I drive out of town for trips sometimes I have problems with the stability track light going off and it will say engine power reduced. I have to pull over and let it sit for awhile then I can drive again, but it continues to come back on, I have to pull over numerous times. Have had it looked at, which it was not under warranty for this problem, computer was reset. And yes it keeps happening. Also, second row seating is not comfortable for adults. I am a previous owner of a Dodge Durango and never had any problems. I am currently looking for a Dodge. Good luck with the Traverse. I will never own one again!

Traverse........What a piece of
By xroads

2011 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you are looking for a good dependable vehicle, don't think about a Traverse.

Bought a brand new off the lot 2011 Traverse in the fall of 2010.

Right of the beginning there were problems.
The on-star had a broken wire that had to go back to the dealer.
Then, two different computers went out in the first 20K, then at 30K the transfer case went out.
Now it is out of warranty and the front wheel bearing has gone out, and the radio buttons are going bad.

Gas mileage?
Don't even think you are going to get close to what they advertise.
We average right at 17mpg, with lots of hwy driving.

Just about to 60K miles, and we are due to replace the second set of tires.

don't buy!